NFL Draft Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma (1 Viewer)

Not trying to hate, but i'm not 100 on Murray at all. YES, he blows people up on contact, but he play way too out of control to me. He over runs plays and takes himself out of position a ton. His athleticism is legit, but I question his instincts and actual football IQ. He reminds me a lot of Steph Anthony coming out of Clemson, and we all know how that one turned out. Would rather see us land a guy like Troy Dye from Oregon. His numbers were down this year due to a hand injury, but he's a complete LB w/the IQ/instincts and the athletic traits to match. I personally think he's the best fit for our D. He covers, plays the run, and is a really good blitzer. And what's more, his instincts are already there to be cultivated. Dye's only real knock is his size. But that can be addressed in the weight room w/NFL trainers and a nutrition staff.

Being in Oklahoma I’ve seen him play a lot. I remember having several “Who was that?” moments watching him, just like I did watching Vilma when he first joined the Saints.

He’s the real deal and would love to see us draft him.

With the signing of Sanders and Peat, I’d say LB remains our one “must.”

I’d be good with Murray or Queen if he somehow fell.

He made huge progress last year.

His first year he had the look of a linebacker but he made so many bad reads. Go watch the UGA/OU playoff game.:cry::cry:
But I attribute most his early problems to our old D-cord Mike stoops. He was horrible at putting players were they need to be.

Under Alex Grinch he's turned into a very high draft pick. Would love him in Black and Gold

I've watched a few game tapes on Murray... he's a guy I'm not sold on. I question the Play diagnosing, and Instinct side of his game. Yes he's explosive, and fast going in a straight line... and he's a heat seeking missile tracking down a Running back right in front of him... but his aggressiveness led him to over-pursue and overrun a lot of plays as well; and he's also not great laterally, change of direction wise.

Also he has questionable Coverage skills, he has 0 career Interceptions, and only 6 Pass Defenses in 3 seasons as a starter, playing in the Big 12 where they pass a lot.

If we're dead-set to go Linebacker in Round 1 I'd prefer Patrick Queen, even though he has less starting experience I think he has a more natural feel for the position and better instincts.

Yes I've been on the K. Murray train too, but I've also been noticing the traits you've mentioned ( play diagnosing, fast but over pursues). I'm leaning more & more to P. Queen as well. His play reminds me of Shaq Thompson.

Linebacker may be the priority as we speak right now. So it's worth to take a look a the prospects.

I love Murray and would not be mad if we take him, the only problem is that he is very similar to Davis. Maybe we need a bigger man to play the SAM.

And according to Daniel Jeremiah, Zach Baun of Wisconsin can do well everything that Kyle Van Noy does. He actually thinks he is ideally the best pick for the patriots.

I wonder if he would not be a better option to replace Klein. He is bigger then Murray, he can blitz and cover.

The only thing I can tell from the highlights are, he's high energy like Robertson, is fast and a good tackler like Davis. Can't tell by highlights if his ability to shed blocks and get around the edge would translate to the NFL. Somehow, he doesn't look as big as Davis, but if he is bigger, then he's a serious athlete. Ireland and Payton need to take a serious look at this kid, and if they take him, I'll trust their decision.

I like m divinity better than all the lbs in this draft. In the national championship game he showed his versatility being able to run and cover along with blitzing/rushing. He’s gonna go early mark my words.

Im still a Shaun Bradley and Michael Pinckney guy myself.

I also like Willie Gay jr, Cristian Rozeboom. and Evan Weaver.

Good speedy linebacks like these will be available in the mid rounds.

I wouldn’t be mad @ a Murray pick. U could put him @ the WILL n let Davis man the MIKE which he often does in nickel anyway

I think I’d rather have Chaisson tho. If he falls to us (which looks very likely) we could draft him to play SAM n not miss a beat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom