NFL Draft Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma (1 Viewer)

My idea is the sign Clay Matthews (8 sacks last yr) and draft Justin Jefferson in rd 1, CB rd3, LB rd4, BPA final 2 draft picks. Just picturing Clay Matthews rushing the passer next to Cam Jordan makes your secondary alot better and the offense would not stale anymore. With all the weapons now when AK41 lines up at WR he will have LBs and Safeties on him again instead on CB2/3s. You become dare i say a COMPLETE TEAM. *EXHALES*

I view you as one of the more informed members around here when it comes to the Draft and prospect analysis...

What do you think of the 2 small-school Safeties that will likely move into LB roles in the NFL... Kyle Duggar and Jeremy Chinn? Do you think they will stay at SS? Do you think either could move into a MLB role like Urlacher did?

What’s your opinion of Jordyn Brooks (Texas Tech)?

Any thoughts on Joe Bachie (Michigan St)?

One last thing... Do you think Zack Baun (Wisconsin) could make the transition to MLB?
I definitely think that both Duggar Chinn are both natural run support safeties

Duggar even gave up a TD at the senior bowl and might struggle with speed in coverage.

Jordyn Brooks isnt the fastest and doesnt take on blocks as well as Johnson but he is a great blitzer.

Bachie seem to have generally below average field athleticism but Baun definitely can compete with Anzalone as at MLB in my opinion.

Murray is a "thumper", Baun is a 3-4 OLB (pass rusher), and Queen is a coverage LB. Depends on what your flavor of LB is... you can't go wrong with any of these guys. Simmons will be long gone so I'm not gonna even entertain the idea of him wearing black and gold.

Kiper's latest mock draft has us taking him at #24. Selections after us are:

A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa
Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State
Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU
Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
Cesar Ruiz, C/G, Michigan

I have seen several of the later players going to us in other mocks. What do you guys think, if it fell this way, and what was still on the board?

Kiper's latest mock draft has us taking him at #24. Selections after us are:

A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa
Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State
Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU
Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
Cesar Ruiz, C/G, Michigan

I have seen several of the later players going to us in other mocks. What do you guys think, if it fell this way, and what was still on the board?

I like Murray a lot. But I’d take Queen over him if both are on the Board.

Murray will be way gone before 24...check out Malik Harrison from OSU, his game speed looks better than how he tested at combine. Also played in a tougher conference. Would be great in the 3rd round.

I have a concerns about Murray in coverage. All the film I watched was him rushing on hitting people. I really like Queen and Dye. I'm curious about: Malik Harrison: Ohio State, Akeem Davis-Gaither: Appalachian State, and Willie Gay Jr: Mississippi State.

I've watched a few game tapes on Murray... he's a guy I'm not sold on. I question the Play diagnosing, and Instinct side of his game. Yes he's explosive, and fast going in a straight line... and he's a heat seeking missile tracking down a Running back right in front of him... but his aggressiveness led him to over-pursue and overrun a lot of plays as well; and he's also not great laterally, change of direction wise.

Also he has questionable Coverage skills, he has 0 career Interceptions, and only 6 Pass Defenses in 3 seasons as a starter, playing in the Big 12 where they pass a lot.

If we're dead-set to go Linebacker in Round 1 I'd prefer Patrick Queen, even though he has less starting experience I think he has a more natural feel for the position and better instincts.

I've watched him as well. Fast guy moving forward but the stinch of Stephone Anthony makes me weary of guys who are obviously hidden in the passing game. He's blitzed more often than not and doesn't appear to be a guy who can problem solve on the field - so they make it easy for him by saying - GO HUNT on arguably the most important down's in FB - 3rd down.

That is a huge red flag for me. I'd prefer Pat Queen - A guy you can see directing the defense on the field + sliding Anzalone over to the Sam spot (his college position) and strengthening the defense that way.

All the speed in the world don't mean anything if you go the wrong direction and take yourself out of the play before it starts.

Not trying to hate, but i'm not 100 on Murray at all. YES, he blows people up on contact, but he play way too out of control to me. He over runs plays and takes himself out of position a ton. His athleticism is legit, but I question his instincts and actual football IQ. He reminds me a lot of Steph Anthony coming out of Clemson, and we all know how that one turned out. Would rather see us land a guy like Troy Dye from Oregon. His numbers were down this year due to a hand injury, but he's a complete LB w/the IQ/instincts and the athletic traits to match. I personally think he's the best fit for our D. He covers, plays the run, and is a really good blitzer. And what's more, his instincts are already there to be cultivated. Dye's only real knock is his size. But that can be addressed in the weight room w/NFL trainers and a nutrition staff.

Yes, this is what I see as well. Stephone Anthony. There is LBs much further down the pecking order that I would rather have. Simmons is tops and out of reach. Queen fits right around the #24 pick and is what we need at the position. After queen, theres a large drop off in my opinion. None sniffing day 1 and none I can think of before round 3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom