N/S Kenny Pickett doesn’t look great (1 Viewer)

chameleonknight

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is it just me? He just seems inaccurate to me. I know there was some buzz that Saints should have drafted him.
I’m far from sober or an expert, but I’m not impressed

He will be starter level. He still thinking alot out there making him late on throws.

He’s the guy I wanted if we did draft a QB this past draft. Haven’t watched him at all this season except against us.

Let me answer your question. He looks like that because he is a ...........ROOKIE QUARTERBACK. That's what they look like.

Everybody on the board is screaming trade star players for draft picks thinking its Madden. Let's trade everybody and you get a rookie. Look at Olave an exceptional rookie,known for being super sure handed, yet how many important passes has he dropped, yet he is still great for a ....ROOKIE(you grade them on a curve).

Rookie Quarterback have the longest curve, look at jaguars Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields (just started being what they drafted a few weeks ago) and even my fav quarterback Justin Herbert (well for him its more of his coach and team being trash). But it takes time is what I'm saying.

I didn’t want a rookie QB to be the best QB on the team this year…. I wanted one to have a future at the position…. Which we do not have, and will be harder to get without a 1st rounder this year.

One of the things I didn't like is that he is a 24 year old rookie so it might not be till he is 26-27 when he hits his stride and really takes off. I'd rather a 21 year old rookie so that he can really take off at 23-24 and have more years of primetime play left.

I didn’t want a rookie QB to be the best QB on the team this year…. I wanted one to have a future at the position…. Which we do not have, and will be harder to get without a 1st rounder this year.
Drew Brees was 2nd round Pick 32
Aaron Rodgers 1st round Pick 24
Tom Brady 6th round Pick 199
Brett Favre 2nd round Pick 33
Kirk Cousins 4th round Pick 102

I could go on, but you don't necessarily need a 1st round for a future franchise QB. Important thing is having a coach and staff that can lead that QB down the right path. We currently don't have that on our staff anymore. Leadership will fail this team with the current staff.

Drew Brees was 2nd round Pick 32
Aaron Rodgers 1st round Pick 24
Tom Brady 6th round Pick 199
Brett Favre 2nd round Pick 33
Kirk Cousins 4th round Pick 102

I could go on, but you don't necessarily need a 1st round for a future franchise QB. Important thing is having a coach and staff that can lead that QB down the right path. We currently don't have that on our staff anymore. Leadership will fail this team with the current staff.
Oh no… please go on… you missed Russel Wilson…

This is the same list of EXCEPTIONS that people use every time… A couple months ago, I went thru the last 10 years of drafts and counted the QBs in the first 4 rounds.

For every name on this list, there is 100 guys who didn’t make it… I didn’t do the math but the odds of finding a QB outside the 1st round is ridiculously low… and getting a franchise QB in the 1st round is low too…

There were idiots saying that Lawrence was a bust early this year. Expectations are way too high for early returns on QBs these days
Which kinda goes to show that it's almost 100% dependent on the situation re whether a QB prospect pans out or not. Now that being said, is there anything about our current situation/coaching staff that gives you the confidence that they can groom a rookie/young QB to be successful?

My answer: NOPE!!!

He looked ok out there. I stopped watching around the 3rd. He did have one throw that he floated and I felt it was either him or the reciever weren't on same page.

He reminds me of Josh Allen during his first season a bit. Josh was kinda all over the place but he was getting the ball out to where he wanted it to go pretty fluid. He wasn't indecisive and Pickett seems to be that way also.

Even with allen his year 1 to year 3 was insane transformation. Not even the same guy.

Now Zach Wilson out in NY...he just hit his 18th start a couple weeks ago and he's in trouble. I just don't see it with him at all. He's really going to have to work on himself A LOT.

I know he got injured but man is he behind for 18 starts.

they can easily get into the late first if they wanted to without giving up alot. they should already have a top 5 second round pick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom