Kenny Vaccaro turns down day off, requests defensive players come in to watch film on Monday (1 Viewer)

good deal, let him take over that lockeroom - Cam is probably too laid back as a captain to get everyone's attention (just guessing by personality)

Once he starts to make impact plays, then and only then can you even start to think about extending him.

If making tackles you should ordinarily be making is the new norm for putting this guy as a top 5 safety (I have seen that declaration made on several occasions here), then you people have lowered your standard greatly for what a solid defensive player is supposed to represent.

You are not reading the article or getting the point. Vaccaro is a leader and he has been solid in the run game and in coverage. He is going to miss a tackle here and there everyone does. I think you have expectations that are set to high because I take the impact play comment meaning you expect turnovers,sacks,forced fumbles and fumble recoveries because he is having an impact just by what this article proves. Just because you have seen Vaccaro being looked at as a top 5 safety in the league you use that as another reason to look for the negative.

its not all about turnovers

With the defense, it is all about turnovers. We don't ever create any. It's why we have a sub 500 record since the 6th game of the 2013 season (now officially a full 3 seasons, 22-26 record).

Yes it IS all about creating turnovers.

Once he starts to make impact plays, then and only then can you even start to think about extending him.

If making tackles you should ordinarily be making is the new norm for putting this guy as a top 5 safety (I have seen that declaration made on several occasions here), then you people have lowered your standard greatly for what a solid defensive player is supposed to represent.

He has been our best defensive player this year .... By far

Revisionism is rolling hard. Jenkins was not the player he is now when he was with us. He said himself he rededicated himself to the game and took his game to the level we thought he was capable of. But he never did it for OUR team.

Let Malcolm Jenkins go.

Kenny Vaccaro is one of our best players this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom