Kenny Vaccaro turns down day off, requests defensive players come in to watch film on Monday (1 Viewer)

Exactly what every fans are thinking, we won but the game almost give us heart attacks.

this is the right thing to do but what good will that honestly do? We are so far behind talent wise on defense it's ridiculous. We won't win much giving up 35+ a game

this is the right thing to do but what good will that honestly do? We are so far behind talent wise on defense it's ridiculous. We won't win much giving up 35+ a game

No joke. It's not like we lost our 7th or 8th CB today in the game today. I mean damn straight cut Kenny as he is the source of all our problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's gotta be scheme. 1st quarter and most of the 2nd the D was balling. Then, the rest of the game happened.

Vacarro was one of the better defenders on the field today. PFF accounted him from 3 pressures and only giving up 31 yards in coverage. If you have a problem with this guy, you'd have a problem with anyone.

Vacarro is very easily a top 5 SS in this league.

He has been our best defensive player this year .... By far

By far?
Fairley, Robertson, even Crawley has been very good......he goes toe to toe with the top WR in the league and has shockingly held his own.

Vacarro should and will be extended. Otherwise, who do you replace him with? He's young, talented and a solid player. The contract should reflect his performance.

I listened to his conference call and he basically said he played SS, Sam, Will, and Nickel during the entire game. Thats his versatility shining through and I'm also starting to believe it's why his #'s /game fluctuates from week to week. His tackle #'s would go up likely if he only had to be used as a NB sparingly...but because we've lost so many CB's he gets used in that role/coverage and if the ball isn't going his way then its a ghost stat.

Strengthening the CB rotation next year will allow him to play SS more along with his typical SAM/Will duties but it should allow him to be in areas to affect the game more. IT would be nice if we had someone that could cover Olsen while Kenny blitzes to create pressure vs him having to be the guy who covers him because no one else is capable if you get my drift.

This and his interview says a lot to me about his psyche and its showing his maturity in ways that you'd like to see it show. Just needs a few other pieces around him so he's not having to play so many roles (pref focusing on SS/SAM) and having a legit Will/NB next year. In fact getting Ellerbe/Breaux back should free him up a little more though some of that depends on the health of sterling moore too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom