Kenny Vaccaro (1 Viewer)

Yeti

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I've read that an overwhelming majority of you guys think we should resign him in the next year or two. I personally think we should let him walk. How often does he force a turnover? How often does he make a big play?

Let's put it this way. Wouldn't you rather have Sammy Knight/Darren Sharper type player? Cause that's what we need in the secondary to compliment Breaux.

Edit: This thread is not about Byrd. He's another Tebucky Jones.

You mean a guy like Byrd?

Kenny is the enforcer, jack of all trades safety that is critical to have. No he's not mr int, but he's valuable in both run defense and passing. Also, another guy who has had to do everything due to injuries rather than perfecting a role. Nope, Kenny stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but those guys were Free Safeties, not Strong. Kenny V is a SS, who is generally relied upon more for run support and TE coverage. If anything Byrd should be shown the door and hopefully Vonn Bell grows into the kind of playmaking FS he was at OSU.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

He made the initial hit that lead to the Melvin Gordon fumble to help us win for the 1st time and he was not even 90% for that game. Dude is a baller and letting him go will lead to regret just like Malcolm did. He's the nastiest player we have on Defense.

Yeah but those guys were Free Safeties, not Strong. Kenny V is a SS, who is generally relied upon more for run support and TE coverage. If anything Byrd should be shown the door and hopefully Vonn Bell grows into the kind of playmaking FS he was at OSU.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sammy Knight was a SS.

This thread is not about Byrd. He obviously was a mistake like Tebucky Jones!

Get rid of a top 5 ss, who can play the run and cover, brilliant.

Vaccaro most definitely needs to be re-signed. He causes a lot of problems for opposing offenses that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

He needs to work on his consistency but compared to when he was on the field vs when he was hurt you can see the difference in play. He'll go a long way to confirming his next contract will be with us just by doing the above this year.

This reminds of when everyone was saying we should let Malcolm Jenkins walk which in hindsight was the worst decision the front office has made to date. Kenny is a do it all safety and the only person on our defense looking to destroy the ball carrier. They don't have players in the NFL walking around in free agency to replace his production. Why would we want to see our team fail looking to replace the guy we want with a high priced free agent? It never works out that way.

I think we should let him play on the 5th year option next year and then based on his performance, we should decide in 2018 whether we should re-sign him or not ..

He's an all-pro SS if we have a pass rush. He is the reason Byrd signed here if I recall correctly. Injuries, adversity, and constant coordinator change have hindered them both. Dennis Allen has the secondary playing improved football, I will say. However, we still need a consistent pass rush and should see that with the return of Rankins and Kikaha. If Breaux can heal properly, we might actually play some football.

I've read that an overwhelming majority of you guys think we should resign him in the next year or two. I personally think we should let him walk. How often does he force a turnover? How often does he make a big play?

Let's put it this way. Wouldn't you rather have Sammy Knight/Darren Sharper type player? Cause that's what we need in the secondary to compliment Breaux.

Edit: This thread is not about Byrd. He's another Tebucky Jones.

imvho - I think KV is more like Terbucky Jones. Great physical specimen. Makes a number of great plays, but seems out of position and his effort seems to range from game to game. This is one where I really hope I'm wrong.

And to try and be fair, it's very difficult to know how good some of our better defensive players really are when they are surrounded by marginally talented players and constantly changing defensive schemes and coaches.

Terbucky did win a SB ring in NE.

Not to mention, he also had a forced fumble versus the Giants. You people are ridiculous wanting to let one of our better defenders walk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom