Kenny Vaccaro (1 Viewer)

KV is one of our best best players and a part of the solution. I invite the OP to go back and watch the Atlanta game. That's what life is like without Vaccaro. It's a different defense with him on the field. He's our heartbeat and our enforcer. You think we're a soft defense now? Just imagine how soft we'd be without KV?

The amount of undeserved hate for this kid is unreal. There isn't a day that goes by that there isn't some "get rid of Vaccaro!" thread popping up. It's completely unjustified and I honestly don't understand or get where it comes from.

The guys is one of the only sound tacklers we have that isn't afraid to go in and wrap up, he's involved in almost every tackle you see beyond the defensive line and even then comes in to make tackles a lot.

He creates turnovers, he sacks the QB, he tackles his assignments, covers well and plays cleanup duty for an entire game.....I don't understand what more you want from him?

Could he be more consistent? Sure, but on a defense like ours are you really going to start nit-picking one of the few pieces that plays well?

imvho - I think KV is more like Terbucky Jones. Great physical specimen. Makes a number of great plays, but seems out of position and his effort seems to range from game to game. This is one where I really hope I'm wrong.

And to try and be fair, it's very difficult to know how good some of our better defensive players really are when they are surrounded by marginally talented players and constantly changing defensive schemes and coaches.

Terbucky did win a SB ring in NE.

Do you remember Tebucky Jones? If you did, you would t even use him as a comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP is having an absolute nightmare here. No way you let Kenny V walk. He's a linchpin for this defense.

Cudos to you for posting, Matt Millen. You should be in charge.

I like your knee-jerk style of management. Cut a productive player... THEN worry about his replacement... because the two actions are completely unrelated.

BTW - Sammy Knight is too old to be effective and DS is in prison.

Notable defensive players who were available when the Saints selected Kenny Vaccaro with the 15<SUP>th</SUP> pick of the 2013 NFL Draft:<O:p></O:p>
Eric Reid S LSU Drafted 18<SUP>th</SUP> by 49ers<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Desmond Trufant CB Washington Drafted 22<SUP>nd</SUP> by Falcons<O:p></O:p>
Sharrif Floyd DT Florida Drafted 23 by Vikings<O:p></O:p>
Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St. Drafted 25<SUP>th</SUP> by Vikings<O:p></O:p>
Kaawan Short DT Purdue Drafted 44<SUP>th</SUP> in 2<SUP>nd</SUP> rd by Panthers

Notable defensive players who were available when the Saints selected Kenny Vaccaro with the 15<SUP>th</SUP> pick of the 2013 NFL Draft:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Eric Reid S LSU Drafted 18<SUP>th</SUP> by 49ers<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Desmond Trufant CB Washington Drafted 22<SUP>nd</SUP> by Falcons<o:p></o:p>
Sharrif Floyd DT Florida Drafted 23 by Vikings<o:p></o:p>
Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St. Drafted 25<SUP>th</SUP> by Vikings<o:p></o:p>

That's nice. Vaccaro is just as good on this team as any of those guys are on theirs.

Yeah.... What did I miss that makes those players any good?

possibly they are major contributors on their respective defenses. and since the Saints picked up his 5th year option, I will be a dollar to a doughnut that he is in the Saints future plan. just because the above players are not in the HOF already don't mean they are not good players. KV is a very good player. I thought we were trying to increase the talent pool on this team. If that is the case then you don't get rid of one of your top 3 players on defense. His play is not one of our problems on defense. I would say the major problem is inexperience on defense. And lack of top tier talent. This wouldn't be a case of addition by subtraction.

Notable defensive players who were available when the Saints selected Kenny Vaccaro with the 15<SUP>th</SUP> pick of the 2013 NFL Draft:<O:p></O:p>
Eric Reid S LSU Drafted 18<SUP>th</SUP> by 49ers<O:p></O:p>
Desmond Trufant CB Washington Drafted 22<SUP>nd</SUP> by Falcons<O:p></O:p>
Sharrif Floyd DT Florida Drafted 23 by Vikings<O:p></O:p>
Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St. Drafted 25<SUP>th</SUP> by Vikings<O:p></O:p>

Vacarro is better than Reid.

Trufant is one of the top corners in the league, but many thought Atlanta was crazy to trade up to 22 to take him. In hindsight, I'd take Trufant.

I'd take Vacarro over Floyd.

Rhodes is having his first good year as a pro. Right now, Vacarro has proven himself more.

I'm not talking about a 2nd round selection. Everyone "missed" him once. Short had one outstanding year. He's been pretty bad this year

Serious? Get rid of best defensive player on the team not named Cam Jordan? EVERYONE misses a play or two, no one's 100%, 100% of the time. That being said, Vaccaro makes a ton more plays than he misses. That dude is one of the most fired up guy we have on the field. He and Vonn Bell are the future of our back end. Besides, who REALISTICALLY, would we replace Vaccaro with? Someone already on the roster? A future TBD FA? An untested rookie yet to be drafted? This isn't Madden where you can create a "Sammy Knight/Darren Sharper type player".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom