Kenny W. on 4th Down on 4 eluded to an upset...... (1 Viewer)

JG, on the first int the receiver was wide open (might have been Bush). Watching it live, I don't think Brees saw the safety coming over. If he had, all he had to do was put just a little air on the ball and it's a TD.

On the second one, I pretty sure it was a timing route. Brees pumped to Campbell expecting the LB to bite on the pump (which he didn't), but he never looked off and the Safety was right there as was the LB. Horn was open coming across the middle, but Brees never saw him. I think Brees was throwing it to the TE regardless and it was simply a horrible decision.

The only thing I agree with is that Deuce needs the ball more.

Guy's Joe is not the best WR on this team any more. He had 3 catches..and a drop on 3rd down that killed the opening drive in the second half. He got lucky with the triple coverage play cause it was a pin point throw. If you can get open to catch that ball he should have been open more on the day in double coverage. I don't want to hear crying from player's or fans if he is our best player then why can't Drew find him in the open field?

preach on brother!!! Ur right! I love Joe and he has been our best for a long time but as good as he has been, he drops to many balls. You can live with it when he's offsetting it with the way he used to play but he's not the Joe Horne he used to be.

The defense is not good particually at MLB, CB (Thomas), and SS. They have no playmakers on defense. The Saints can't win if they turn the ball over. Deuce needs more carries in the second half of the season. He's healthy and the defense needs to be on the field as little as possible. But, if the Saints can manage to get into the playoffs, anything can happen with the playmakers they have on offense.

lookout, the sky is falling

chickenlittle.jpg

We had 600 yards of offense yesterday!!!!!! When has that ever happened before????

Can't really criticize the coaching decisions on this one.

Want to criticize coaching?? Who called the Carson Plamer qb sneak?? That's bad coaching!

The defense is not good particually at MLB, CB (Thomas), and SS. They have no playmakers on defense. The Saints can't win if they turn the ball over. Deuce needs more carries in the second half of the season. He's healthy and the defense needs to be on the field as little as possible. But, if the Saints can manage to get into the playoffs, anything can happen with the playmakers they have on offense.

Even with the ints, we smoked in TOP. If our defense cant handle being on the field less than 50% of the time then.... they're the reason we're losing?

Deuce couldn't convert that 3rd and short when we took the field goal.

It always bothers me when people monday morning quarterback and think the answer is as simple as giving one person more reps. Our offense, even with the turnovers, out performed our defense, so I'm not really sure why we're focusing on our offense to win the game. If the defense carries their weight, we dont lose a game this season.

It always bothers me when people monday morning quarterback and think the answer is as simple as giving one person more reps. Our offense, even with the turnovers, out performed our defense, so I'm not really sure why we're focusing on our offense to win the game. If the defense carries their weight, we dont lose a game this season.

Well said. I'm not really understanding all this "give Deuce the ball" sentiment. It's not like Reggie wasn't running well himself. They both averaged 4 yards a pop. And when we did give Deuce the ball in a couple short yardage situations, he didn't get it done (see: the FG).

This isn't Deuce's offense anymore. This isn't Joe Horn's offense anymore. And it doesn't need to be.

I'm not saying Deuce and Horn need to be the center of the offense. I'm saying if the ball was in the hands of deuce there would have been less interceptions and less time for cinci's offense to score. Horn should have been thrown to more than the TEs or Copper. Horn wouldn't put the ball on the ground.

We all know Horn isn't the best WR on the team but he's a veteran who won't make many mistakes. We could have dominated the game if it weren't for the turnovers.

Well said. I'm not really understanding all this "give Deuce the ball" sentiment. It's not like Reggie wasn't running well himself. They both averaged 4 yards a pop. And when we did give Deuce the ball in a couple short yardage situations, he didn't get it done (see: the FG).

This isn't Deuce's offense anymore. This isn't Joe Horn's offense anymore. And it doesn't need to be.

You're totally right man, and not only was Deuce AVERAGING 4 yards a carry, when the Bungles smelled run we were completely shut down. If we hadn't passed for a million yards, his rushing stats would probably be a whole lot less impressive than 4 yards a carry if you're one of the people today that seems impressed with that.

Look in the mirror... Yards means absolutely noting if you can't score. Horn and Deuce needs the ball more in the RED ZONE. You have to look to your aces in these situations... we didn't and we got 2 ints in the endzone. I don't care if they are not involved in moving the ball but you HAVE to find ways to get Deuce/Horn in the endzone when we're in our opponents redzone...

Even with the ints, we smoked in TOP. If our defense cant handle being on the field less than 50% of the time then.... they're the reason we're losing?

Thing is, we almost always smoke on TOP. When you complete 70% of your passes and are one of the league leaders in 3rd-down conversions, it's easy to do that, running or not.

Anyone remember the epic 8:30 drive to close out the Philly game? Curious about the play-selection?

R Bush 2 Rushes for 5 yards
Deuce 2 Rushes for 8 yards
Brees 8-8 for 68 yards

That's just who we are as an offense.

At one point you have to wonder is Brees not getting the ball to Horn because of lack of time at practice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom