Kenny W. on 4th Down on 4 eluded to an upset...... (1 Viewer)

N.O.Badboy

DubyaDubyaWeLuvya BuddyD!
Reaction score
JOE HORN and Deuce after the loss. Of course nobody will be happy after that loss. However, Kenny eluded to the fact that our 2 best players were not involved more in this game and maybe even in recent games.

OK, these are our go-to guys......Veterans who can hold onto the ball "more likely" than not. With Colston potentially out for a few games, we need to Focus on getting our go-to guys the ball !! Kenny said it well.........Chad Johnson dropped 2 balls..............but you gotta keep going back at em and give them a chance. Now I said "DROP" the ball, not "FUMBLE" the ball.

Let's hope we can get the veterans more involved and have our rookies carry a football in their arms 24-7 so that they learn not to drop the $#$## thing.

Helllllllllo Mod. My Wireless connection was acting up and when I clicked on the "POST" button several times it actually went through while it said it was searching for a connection !

Sorry, please delete :)

I agree...Horn .Deuce need to get the ball more. They are the heart of the team

The problem with this game was Fred Thomas and Bullocks getting burn and Brees's three interceptions, NOT getting the ball to Horn or Deuce. Let me know when Kenny W becomes a coach.

The only thing I agree with is that Deuce needs the ball more.

Guy's Joe is not the best WR on this team any more. He had 3 catches..and a drop on 3rd down that killed the opening drive in the second half. He got lucky with the triple coverage play cause it was a pin point throw. If you can get open to catch that ball he should have been open more on the day in double coverage. I don't want to hear crying from player's or fans if he is our best player then why can't Drew find him in the open field?

Duece needs to pound the ball or be traded. Sorry but he is not this type of back and wares down Defences. Hopefully Payton will let him run on Atlanta because he is averaging like 4.5 a carry.

anyone think that maybe drew's arm got TIRED? over 500 yards? i don't think it would have been a bad move to save that gazillion dollar arm for our next must win games and to have put jaime martin in. i've seen him at work. he is as smooth an operator with our line as drew. maybe even smoother.

Both of these guys need to be upset with themselves and no one else.
That pass that Horn dropped (couldn't have been a more perfect pass and easier catch) was huge. He makes it, we extend the drive and have it 1st and goal. He simply has to make that catch.
Duece also dropped a swing pass that could have been a huge play.

The only problem with the offense was Brees throwing bad passes. Still this is a team game. For most of the game, Brees was picking the right receivers. The first int, he picked the right guy, but never saw the safety. The second 1 was a timing play to the TE, that shouldn't have been thrown. Horn was open on the second one, but Brees locked onto the TE. It was just a horrible decision and one that QB's make sometimes.

I saw 4th Down on 4 also and I disagree with Kenny. Duece and Horn not getting the ball enough was NOT the problem Sunday, it was the turnovers. How can anyone argue with over 500 yards of passing and over 600 total for the day? I agree with Rouster. Bad judgements by Brees and individual breakdowns such as dropped balls were the problem, not football distribution. I like the fact we have so many options on offense. It gives defenses and DC's more headaches to prepare. I hate it when everyone knows where the ball is going, i.e. to the star player when the game is on the line.

it all boils down to 1 question with Deuce, is he hurt? - can he cut yest or is he still limited to straigh ahead running? he does need more carries in the short yardage and goal to goal situations even if he cant cut

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom