Kenny Wilkerson (1 Viewer)

DaFan

Reaction score
Let me preface this by first saying that I truly respect Kenny Wilkerson's knowledge of sports and enjoy what he brings to the show with Bobby Hebert. That being said, am I the only one who gets a little annoyed that whenever he doesn't see eye to eye with a caller, he immediately cuts them off and becomes a little arrogant in trying to prove why the caller is wrong and he is right? Kenny, try being a little more respectful of the caller, and occasionally allow them to finish their sentence and give their opinion. It's common courtesy.

Let me preface this by first saying that I truly respect Kenny Wilkerson's knowledge of sports and enjoy what he brings to the show with Bobby Hebert. That being said, am I the only one who gets a little annoyed that whenever he doesn't see eye to eye with a caller, he immediately cuts them off and becomes a little arrogant in trying to prove why the caller is wrong and he is right? Kenny, try being a little more respectful of the caller, and occasionally allow them to finish their sentence and give their opinion. It's common courtesy.

Let me preface this by first saying that Kenny Wilkerson is a hack. He's an arrogant you know what. We have the WORST sports talk radio show in the country - I am convinced. As much as I dislike the show, at least Bobby gives respect to callers.

Also, Kenny openly admitted to refusing to talk about the Hornets when we were in the midst of our 9 game winning streak. Callers would call in wanting to talk about the Hornets and he said "i know you wanna talk about the Hornets but we arent talking about them right now....so what jersey do you think of when you think of Randy Moss - Vikings or Patriots?" Now that is some hard-hitting sports talk....

He gets intimidated when he does not have the answer to a question, and he takes it out on the callers. I have given up on that show a loooong time ago.

(Rant over)

Him and Deke love doing that. It's probably one of the most unprofessionally ran sports talk shows in the entire country, with that being said, I still love it. LOL

I just wish with a few days till FA they would talk about things that matter. With all the connection Kenny supposedly has why don't we here from guys like Steck that are about to become FA's this time of year. Kenny was somewhat Buddies pet and understudy and although Kenny goes out on a limb sometimes why does he leave us hanging with things like "The reason Olsen did not get drafted will come out one day." what the **** is that real reporters report that kind of stuff and dont keep it for personal knowledge. BTW does anyone else feel like Kenny has does not get along very well at all with this regime?

So that was YOU he cut off last night eh?

It wasn't me he cut off, but when he kept cutting off one of the callers, I wanted to call in and tell him off. What's the point of taking callers, if you won't let them get in two words without interrupting and telling them how they're wrong, and he's 1000% sure he's right. Sheesh!

Kenny Wilkerson is irrelevant these days, which is too bad, because he was actually a pretty good reporter when he wasn't in the host. Picking Kenny to replace Buddy D was a monumental mistake by WWL in regards to quality. But what do you expect from a radio station that plays more commercials than programming?

kenny needs to stop doing this: da da da saints yek know we we we gona sign a free agent"

at least deke dont studder

Kenny was somewhat Buddies pet and understudy and although Kenny goes out on a limb sometimes why does he leave us hanging with things like "The reason Olsen did not get drafted will come out one day." what the **** is that real reporters report that kind of stuff and dont keep it for personal knowledge.

I don't think he was Buddy's pet, but he seemingly doesn't command the type of respect to bring in some of the bigger named people in the industry to comment on the local sports scene, nor does he really know how to conduct a good interview when he does have a guest -especially the closing... he needs to learn how to lead a guest into wrapping up his own interview, other than saying "Well, thank for your time, goodbye!" -because sometimes the guest sounds startled that the interview is over.

Bobby Hebert isn't much better during these tiems either, because when a guest starts to make a point, Bobby starts rambling about an ancedotal story that sort of ties into what the guest was talking about, but usually eats up valuable air time that should be devoted to the guest.

The second guess show is Bobby at his worst. I can't tell you how many times I've told Bobby to shut up, when Mike Detillier is tryignto make a point, and here comes the Cajun mouth, talking over him, not letting Mike finish his sentence, much less his point.

But the point you referenced regarding Greg Olsen... I heard that, and was ticked. First off, if you can't talk about it, then don't mention it at all. Making a comment like that just feeds the ad hoc conspiracy theorists and makes people doubt the credibility of the host, the Saints, etc. Why do that? To make yourself sound like an "insider"?

I know Kenny reads these boards, because he mentions this site on his show enough times, so I'm offering these comments as constructive criticism.

As far as hanging up on callers... I sort of sympathize with him, because I've heard some pretty idotic things come out of callers, so he's held them on longer than I would have, but Kenny should challenge them a bit more with logical questions, not arrogant/belligerant assertions that someone is just wrong.

For a long time, I just assumed that all sports radio was like WWL. Now that I live in Nashville, mine eyes have been opened. Although I can only stand listening to talk about the Titans and PacMan's latest antics for so long, in general, the local sports radio station here is fantastic. I often find myself listening subjects that I don't really care about because the personalities are unbelievable knowledgeable, are very respectful to callers (even when they don't see eye to eye) and they actually go extended periods of time with out going to commercial. As much as I love the Big 870, the sports talk aspect leaves a lot to be desired.

The guys that cover sports on WWL couldn't have that same job in a different city.

I've listend to Sports Radio in 6 different cities. Wilkerson and Deke are a catastrophe by the largest of margins.
The city of New Orleans deserves better.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom