Kenny Wilkerson's Show (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the post man. I recorded it, but never got around to doing anything with it. Keep it up so I don't have to worry about it :).

I listened to it today and man, Kenny Kenny Kenny.

I like the guy...or least I did. But it seems that he's really trying to tick off everyone.
At this point, since he gets to be "unplugged" and hearing how negative he is, even more so than most talking heads out there, I'm having a hard time picturing him being positive, ever.

I am looking forward to next week's show.....way MORE so if we win and possibly destroy the Eagles. If we somehow lose....well.....I think I may not listen to that show anymore as I won't be able to take all the negativity that will be pouring out. lol He seems to enjoy that way too much.

He reminds me so much of those guys, we all have talked to them before...that are fair weather fans for the most part...and if the saints aren't undefeated...they are just negative about everything. Especially after some drinks. Kenny, this is what you've become.

Thanks for the post man. I recorded it, but never got around to doing anything with it. Keep it up so I don't have to worry about it :).

I listened to it today and man, Kenny Kenny Kenny.

I like the guy...or least I did. But it seems that he's really trying to tick off everyone.
At this point, since he gets to be "unplugged" and hearing how negative he is, even more so than most talking heads out there, I'm having a hard time picturing him being positive.

I am looking forward to next week's show.....way MORE so if we win and possibly destroy the Eagles. If we somehow lose....well.....I think I may not listen to that show anymore as I won't be able to take all the negativity that will be pouring out. lol He seems to enjoy that way too much.

He reminds me so much of those guys, we all have talked to them before...that are fair weather fans for the most part...and if the saints aren't undefeated...they are just negative about everything. Especially after some drinks. Kenny, this is what you've become.

This was actually one of his better days (shows) recently without him trying to sound "too objective"... Not kidding.

Thanks for the post man. I recorded it, but never got around to doing anything with it.

Did you get Tuesday's show? I was curious to what he had to say. It never showed up on their podcasts.

All of Kenny's negativity I think stems from his opinion on Payton. As long as Payton is here he will always talk this way. Even if we win this week, I expect him to say we still haven't been challenged against a good team?

Kenny W. openly campaigned for Jim Haslett to get the Saints job over Gary Kubiak. That turned out real well, didn't it. Maybe he and K. Johnson can go over to Draggo's after the show.

Kenny W. openly campaigned for Jim Haslett to get the Saints job over Gary Kubiak. That turned out real well, didn't it. Maybe he and K. Johnson can go over to Draggo's after the show.

Just curious, what weight would Kenny have carried?

Welp, my cats turned off my computer during the day(one likes to lay near the front of it and sometimes presses the off button).

So when I got home, I missed the first 10 minutes, but I turned it on and got the rest of it:

<embed src="http://www.4shared.com/embed/133723536/cd0c5106" width="400" height="20" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed>

I haven't even listened to it yet myself. So let's see.... :)

Welp, my cats turned off my computer during the day(one likes to lay near the front of it and sometimes presses the off button).

So when I got home, I missed the first 10 minutes, but I turned it on and got the rest of it:

<embed src="http://www.4shared.com/embed/133723536/cd0c5106" width="400" height="20" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed>

Whoa thanks, I didn't even know they had a show on tuesday

Just curious, what weight would Kenny have carried?

Very little, you're right.

However, KW was supposed to be n journalist. Yet, when the locker room problems started to surface in 2001, he never reported the true facts ... only bits and pieces and none reflecting badly on the coach. The whole story of the Mueller firing and the coach's "antics" were never disclosed by the reporter who supposedly knew all the inside information. Only after Mueller and Haslett were both gone did most of the facts come out. I don't know if Kubiak would have been a better coach or not, but it always has really bothered me how the Haslett hiring took place. As soon as Mueller was hired, it was obvious ... to everyone ... that Haslett was going to get the job. Mike D. reported the day Meuller was hired that Haslett would be the next coach. The whole interview process was a joke. John Fox was also interviewed as I remember, but never had a chance either. Buddy D. reported that Benson did not want Haslett and that his personal interview with him went very badly. But Kenny W assured everyone that Haslett was a disciplinarian and the players would do exactly what he demanded.

Both Meuller and Haslett should have been fired after the way the 2001 season ended. The locker room was in disarray. Player's personal lives were affecting the team. The coach's behavior was an embarrasment. The last 4 games the team quit on their coach and didn't listen and didn't care. Benson should have stepped in the next day and cleaned house. Ironically, the GM and the coach's former buddy, had to take the fall, literally.

Anyway, it's almost 10 years ago, so it's over and done with. 40+ years as a Saints fan, so there's still alot of frustration. Hopefully, those kinds of days are long since over. Go Saints, beat Philadelphia.

Kenny has got a serious "jones" with Payton... That's not healthy.

Very little, you're right.

However, KW was supposed to be n journalist. Yet, when the locker room problems started to surface in 2001, he never reported the true facts ... only bits and pieces and none reflecting badly on the coach. The whole story of the Mueller firing and the coach's "antics" were never disclosed by the reporter who supposedly knew all the inside information. Only after Mueller and Haslett were both gone did most of the facts come out. I don't know if Kubiak would have been a better coach or not, but it always has really bothered me how the Haslett hiring took place. As soon as Mueller was hired, it was obvious ... to everyone ... that Haslett was going to get the job. Mike D. reported the day Meuller was hired that Haslett would be the next coach. The whole interview process was a joke. John Fox was also interviewed as I remember, but never had a chance either. Buddy D. reported that Benson did not want Haslett and that his personal interview with him went very badly. But Kenny W assured everyone that Haslett was a disciplinarian and the players would do exactly what he demanded.

Both Meuller and Haslett should have been fired after the way the 2001 season ended. The locker room was in disarray. Player's personal lives were affecting the team. The coach's behavior was an embarrasment. The last 4 games the team quit on their coach and didn't listen and didn't care. Benson should have stepped in the next day and cleaned house. Ironically, the GM and the coach's former buddy, had to take the fall, literally.

Anyway, it's almost 10 years ago, so it's over and done with. 40+ years as a Saints fan, so there's still alot of frustration. Hopefully, those kinds of days are long since over. Go Saints, beat Philadelphia.

Sounds like you were pretty close to what was happening, or knew someone who was. Thanks for the clarity.

As an outside observer, it seems to me that KW thought he carried more weight than he did... just sayin' :idunno:

Sid is ******

Stubborn and ignorant old man. That's all.

Haven't you noticed how all old men know everything?

Guess we have something to look forward to. lol I'll promise myself to never call a radio show when I do.

I won't wear a dress if the Saints win the Super Bowl, but I'll make this promise. I'll send KW and KJ each an all-you-can-eat (and drink) gift certificate from Draggo's. Listen, I have nothing against that eating establishment. I'm sure it's first rate food and beverages. But every time I hear that name, I think I'm gonna puke. How long has it been since that show ran on 870?

I don't know what happened between KW and Payton. I don't want to see anyone lose their job. I understand that those covering the team walk a tightrope because they often can't be totally honest ... if they were, they'd never get a coach or player willing to do an interview ... I understand that. I do respect what Buddy D did and Kenny didn't. When the Ditka hire was going sour, Buddy D did not hesitate in his criticism of Ditka. He and the coach had a serious falling-out during the last 1-2 years. KW never handled Haslett the same way. It was D. Stallworth's fault ... it was William Roaf's fault ... it was Joe Horn's fault ... it was irresponsible behavior on the player's part, never the coach's problem. Then when Haslett is gone, the goods come out.

I know in 1999, when the Eagles fired Ray Rhodes, the owner (is it Jeffrey Lurie?) had received positive recommendtions regarding Haslett as a candidate for the HC job. However, when he interviewed Haslett, he quickly changed his mind, and hired Andy Reid.

Haslett did a remarkable job in 2000. It was an amazing accomplishment. Probably for one season, it's one of the best coaching jobs in the NFL. Maybe it was just luck ... or a combo of coaching skill and luck ... I don't know. However, I was a witness to the last 2 home games of that 2001 season (Washington and 49'ers). Anyone who saw those games knew that our team was in complete disarray. The team quit in both games. The 49'ers game was 38-0. It was more embarrasing than the 62-7 game (if that's possible) because the team didn't care. Haslett deserved to be Coach of the Year in 2000. He deserved to be fired after 2001. No one knew, until much later, what else was going on with the team. If the paying fan knew all of this stuff, they would have demanded that Benson fire both Meuller and Haslett.

I'm not always a fan of Payton, but I give him credit for playing his best players regardless of whether they were first round picks or undrafted free agents. He gets too cute with his offensive calls. Only the next year or two will tell if he's a hit or a miss. But I haven't seen his teams quit on him. They play hard, and the players seem to listen to the coaches.

Maybe we're due for another year of good fortune like 2000. I'd settle for 10-6, and I know we've got a better QB to take us into the playoffs. Go Saints Go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom