Kentucky Gov comments on Clinton presidency (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm astonished. Hopefully the centrist R's can take back their party soon, because this kind of far right stuff is dangerous.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZlukBB3Hn1g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Really?!?! thinks it will take the blood of our children to recover from a Hillary presidency?

I'd like some context to that, but seriously?

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just don't get how people listen to that and take that seriously. "Blood of our children" :idunno:

It's like the next R needs to outdo the nuttiness of the last one.

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
They said the same thing about the Obama presidency, that America would be in "ruins". People should be able to recognize and ignore these chicken littles by now. Unfortunately the Republicans still let them become the face of their party.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It still amazes me that so many leaders of the Republican Party have given so much power to a man that has the political experience of a high school student, the reason that is akin to a fourth grader, and the temperament of a toddler.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They said the same thing about the Obama presidency, that America would be in "ruins". People should be able to recognize and ignore these chicken littles by now. Unfortunately the Republicans still let them become the face of their party.
Well, if you listen to Trump, America is in ruins. All he does is talk about how America is a wreck and how horrible Obama has been. Every question these days gets deflected to how horrible Obama is. Putin? Yeah, he's a pretty good guy - way better than that deplorable guy we have in our White House.

I suppose that he finally has someone in his campaign that is keeping him "on message" but he talks as if Obama has literally ruined the nation.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Listening to things like this, the term Conservative needs to be retired to explain this part of the Republican party. Alt-Right doesn't seem negative enough either.

I have no idea what the principles are of this group. I mean, parties change a bit over time and they flip on issues, but other than fear, taking "our" country back, and other similar things, what really is the message? Too much rage, no focus. And they fan the flames.

I don't like it when I see either side doing it, but clearly one is doing it far more insidiously.

Isn't it all of our country? I really hate the term taking "our" country back.

Three Monkeys

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Self-fulfilling prophecy.

"They're gonna take our guns and our Bibles, and force us into concentration camps. So we have to get them before they get us."

(I really had a friend pm the last one. Said he didn't feel safe to talk about it in public so he'd only text/pm these concerns.)

And when they get arrested for fomenting acts of civil war against the government and elected official?

"See...we were right."

And this from people who endorse a guy who, at the very least, will spit on the 1st, 4th, and 14th amendments.

Devildog

Combobulated
Reaction score
Self-fulfilling prophecy.

"They're gonna take our guns and our Bibles, and force us into concentration camps. So we have to get them before they get us."

(I really had a friend pm the last one. Said he didn't feel safe to talk about it in public so he'd only text/pm these concerns.)
Oh, the irony.

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Well, if you listen to Trump, America is in ruins. All he does is talk about how America is a wreck and how horrible Obama has been. Every question these days gets deflected to how horrible Obama is. Putin? Yeah, he's a pretty good guy - way better than that deplorable guy we have in our White House.

I suppose that he finally has someone in his campaign that is keeping him "on message" but he talks as if Obama has literally ruined the nation.
Trump knows the narrative to his constituents' knee jerk reactions. Mention Obama, people get mad. Throw out blatantly unsubstantiated theories that Obama has "destroyed" the country, wasn't born here, secretly may be a Muslim, etc. and people gobble it up like all you can eat pancake day at iHop without even thinking about it.

It's amazing that actual adults buy in to things repeated in their echo chamber. Otherwise reasonable folks are willing to agree that Obama has been a "disaster", yet they can't actually tell you how if asked--and usually default to "race relations are terrible" as a last resort.

It's gotten sad. And it's a testament to how subcultures of humans can create rumors out of spite and, once repeated enough can become what some people think is fact. I mean, I'm surprised someone hasn't done a long term experiment on something like this--or maybe they have.

People will believe anything you tell them if it's permeated into the community long and strong enough. Sad but true.

Suavecito8

Hispanic causing panic
Reaction score
Well, if you listen to Trump, America is in ruins. All he does is talk about how America is a wreck and how horrible Obama has been. Every question these days gets deflected to how horrible Obama is. Putin? Yeah, he's a pretty good guy - way better than that deplorable guy we have in our White House. Believe me.

Fixed that for you.

lades

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nine children?... What is it with religious extremists breeding like rabbits?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom