Kentwan Balmer... (1 Viewer)

BACKLASH

All-Pro
Reaction score
I really want us to draft DT or LBer in the first and second rounds. But all the research and film I found on Kentwan Balmer just does not impress. He is one that has been hyped up I know I don't want for sure. Watching him on film he just seems to be lazy with not alot of heart. He may possibly end up being a great player just not someone I want to chance on. He is just one I hope we stay clear of. This is one player in the first two rounds that really screams at me to stay away from.

Last edited:

syracuse saint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, as do a lot of others. I wouldn't be surprised if he falls to late first early second round.

That being said, watch us take him at 10.

rlemieux

Who Dat?
Reaction score
The one player I am hoping for later in the draft is Hampton DE/DT Kendall Langford. I think he has the most upside of the DT's outside of Dorsey and Ellis.

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Lots of talent but a one year wonder who is not motivated. We can't afford another Sully i would rather Laws.

Saint3232

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
i would get sick if we drafted him, how disappointing.

Conrad

Reaction score
No one is denying that Balmer has the physical tools and talent to be a stud in the NFL.

It is the work ethic that people find troublesome and don't be suprised that if Coach O thinks that he can get this guy going the Saints take him.

Conrad

Reaction score
I could live with Laws or Sims just NO Balmer!
I would rather have Balmer then Sims, Sims produced about the same but looks fat and has 1/2 the numbers of Balmer in terms of work outs.

Laws is the guy I want.

Albi

- Future Hall of Famer -
Reaction score
Lets start some rumors so he slips to us in the second round....

Geldo

Dome Patrol disciple
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I always put a redflag next to guys who underachieve through college and then put up a stellar performance in their draft-year. Balmer is a good example of this phenomenum and it raises questionmarks over whether he is another Sullivan.

One of the media draft pundits did make a great point about drafting highly-touted DTs. He said that even the very best are rarely game-changers and even the elite one struggle to get mopre than a handful of sacks.

His point was that DTs (like OGs) aren't worth drafting high because most teams are better off grabbing a hard-charging edge-rusher (either DE or OLB) in round one and then taking a 'cheaper option' (ie third/fourth round) run-stuffing DT, who can at least clog up the rushing lanes and demand double-teaming to move off the line.

Good examples of that type of player in the coming draft would be Red Bryant, who is a superlative run defender and has a high motor, and Carlton Powell, whose perhaps a little less well known but will be a handful in the NFL.

Fun Bunch

All-Pro
Reaction score
I would take a chance on Balmer in the 2nd Round. I would prefer Dorsey, Ellis, or Laws, but Balmer is ahead of Sims.

The guy does have ridiculous physical tools, and I think the value would just be too high in the 2nd where we pick.

He DID turn it on his last year, and while I don't like one year wonders at all, the reward with this guy would be just to high compared to the risk.

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Balmer reminds me of Wroten. He is a first round tanlent but will never live up to the hype around him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom