Kentwan Balmer... (1 Viewer)

BACKLASH

All-Pro
Reaction score
I really want us to draft DT or LBer in the first and second rounds. But all the research and film I found on Kentwan Balmer just does not impress. He is one that has been hyped up I know I don't want for sure. Watching him on film he just seems to be lazy with not alot of heart. He may possibly end up being a great player just not someone I want to chance on. He is just one I hope we stay clear of. This is one player in the first two rounds that really screams at me to stay away from.

Last edited:
I agree, as do a lot of others. I wouldn't be surprised if he falls to late first early second round.

That being said, watch us take him at 10.

The one player I am hoping for later in the draft is Hampton DE/DT Kendall Langford. I think he has the most upside of the DT's outside of Dorsey and Ellis.

Lots of talent but a one year wonder who is not motivated. We can't afford another Sully i would rather Laws.

No one is denying that Balmer has the physical tools and talent to be a stud in the NFL.

It is the work ethic that people find troublesome and don't be suprised that if Coach O thinks that he can get this guy going the Saints take him.

I could live with Laws or Sims just NO Balmer!

I would rather have Balmer then Sims, Sims produced about the same but looks fat and has 1/2 the numbers of Balmer in terms of work outs.

Laws is the guy I want.

I always put a redflag next to guys who underachieve through college and then put up a stellar performance in their draft-year. Balmer is a good example of this phenomenum and it raises questionmarks over whether he is another Sullivan.

One of the media draft pundits did make a great point about drafting highly-touted DTs. He said that even the very best are rarely game-changers and even the elite one struggle to get mopre than a handful of sacks.

His point was that DTs (like OGs) aren't worth drafting high because most teams are better off grabbing a hard-charging edge-rusher (either DE or OLB) in round one and then taking a 'cheaper option' (ie third/fourth round) run-stuffing DT, who can at least clog up the rushing lanes and demand double-teaming to move off the line.

Good examples of that type of player in the coming draft would be Red Bryant, who is a superlative run defender and has a high motor, and Carlton Powell, whose perhaps a little less well known but will be a handful in the NFL.

I would take a chance on Balmer in the 2nd Round. I would prefer Dorsey, Ellis, or Laws, but Balmer is ahead of Sims.

The guy does have ridiculous physical tools, and I think the value would just be too high in the 2nd where we pick.

He DID turn it on his last year, and while I don't like one year wonders at all, the reward with this guy would be just to high compared to the risk.

Balmer reminds me of Wroten. He is a first round tanlent but will never live up to the hype around him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom