Kerry to endorse Obama (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Listed as breaking news on all the major networks as I type this.

Does this help or hurt Obama?

What about Hillary?

It helps him but not much. People who don't like Kerry won't be turned off because Obama isn't Kerry. However, this may pull some of the dedicated Dems over and Hillary is winning in that category. In the end though I don't think Kerry has the weight among voters to cause too much to change.

In the end Edwards will decide this thing. 60-70% of his 10-15% of Dems will go to whoever he endorses. He'll be the straw that breaks the tight race camels back.

Wow, and he was doing so well, too.

My first reaction:

Obama: Thanks John, but no thanks.

Hillary: Dead man walking! We got a dead man walking here! Dead man walking!

My first reaction:

Obama: Thanks John, but no thanks.

Hillary: Dead man walking! We got a dead man walking here! Dead man walking!

Well that's because you hate Kerry but this is a Democratic primary and he's popular among real Democrats (not one's who registered in 1976 but have hated every Democratic President since :hihi:).

Still I don't think he'll have a big enough effect as Hillary is more popular than him. I can't imagine it will actually hurt though.

Well that's because you hate Kerry but this is a Democratic primary and he's popular among real Democrats (not one's who registered in 1976 but have hated every Democratic President since :hihi:).

Since 1976, there have only been two (I voted for one of them), so that's not saying a lot. :9:

Last edited:
Maybe not so many Dems actively dislike Kerry, but many may still hold a lot of conflicted and frustrated thoughts about him. I mean, this is the guy who managed to LOSE to the Worst President of the Last 100 Years Or More. So there has to be some hesitation about relying on his endorsement either as a philiosophical or a strategic matter.

(Compare the reaction to Al Gore's kiss-of-death endorsement of Howard Dean in 2004--although Dean apparently claims that Gore's endorsement is what made the "establishment" take him so seriously that they began to attack him; probably there's no similar "credibility" doubts about Obama, at this point.)

In the end Edwards will decide this thing. 60-70% of his 10-15% of Dems will go to whoever he endorses. He'll be the straw that breaks the tight race camels back.

And from his statements, it would have to be Obama. His decision may come by month's end as Edwards is running a distant third in South Carolina.

I think it helps Obama swing a very few democrats his way, but it sends independents away because it reinforces the whole notion that he is not change. If he were change these old time dems would not be endorsing him.

Listed as breaking news on all the major networks as I type this.

Does this help or hurt Obama?

What about Hillary?

Cue the scene from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, when Vader reveals to Luke that he is his father...

Obama: "NOOOOOOOOOOOO! It's not true! That's impossible!"

I'm sure he's thinking with friends like this...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom