Kevin Carter - Worth a look? (1 Viewer)

Buickman

Super Forum Fanatic
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Buccaneers | Carter might not be re-signed
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 09:30:54 -0800

Scott Reynolds, of PewterReport.com, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers might not re-sign free-agent DE Kevin Carter (Buccaneers) after signing DE Jimmy Wilkerson Saturday, March 1.

IMO, he is an older, slower version of Charles Grant. Good against the run, and has the size and durability to play DT in a 4-3 defense. We need to get some quick situational pass rushers.

I think he is worth a look becuase of his versatility. He may not be much of an upgrade, but being able to play both DT and DE could free up a roster spot and someone's salary.

I think he'd be a good fit. Like the above said his versatility is key. Not to mention he's been a starter in this league forever. You could rotate him at both positions and keep his old *** fresh the entire game. If Grant or Smith went down he could do a decent job filling in. He had more sacks than Charles Grant last year....which is pretty damn sad.

negative ghost-rider the defensive line is full....... of players in his mold. You upgrade you don't bring in a overprived FA that brings nothing that already isn't on the team.

Re-sign Wynn if you want versatility and a veteran presence.

I say no - there are better prospects out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom