Kevin Durant donates $1 million to OKC Red Cross Relief (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
When Drew Brees got to New Orleans after Katrina through projects, and civic activities he put a stamp on the city of New Orleans, letting it be known, the city of New Orleans is Drew Brees'.

I think today Kevin Durant did that today in the wake of the tornados in Oklahoma.

Y! SPORTS

And for those that don't trust Fox:
Kevin Durant of Oklahoma City Thunder to donate $1 million to tornado relief - ESPN

It's refreshing to see guys like Durant, Brees, and Charles Woodson doing things showing that they are just vessels of good, and not self absorbed like so many athletes out there.

Big thumbs up Mr. Durant.

What I like more about this is that it was the Red Cross and media outlets who reported it, Durant didn't say a word. Too many celebrities and athletes these days make an absolute song and dance out of their charitable donations. Not that there's a huge amount wrong with that, but Kevin Durant gained my a lot of my respect today for doing it the way he did.

The silly thing is he thinks that he owes it to the fans of OKC to still be in the playoffs. Calm down buddy, you are doing enough already. The Pelicans could use a Super Star like him, and not that Eric Gordon joker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom