Kevin James to play Sean Payton in future Netflix film chronicling Payton’s year off from Bountygate (1 Viewer)

Yeah but the only ones I know of that are accused of 'cheating' to get their title are the Saints and Patriots. I don't like us lumped in with the Patriots who actually did cheat.
Eh. Anyone will find anything to discredit a championship. It’s just the comments section.

it has re-opened the gate to the whole Bounty crap again

To be honest I'm kinda of shocked the NFL gave this movie the go ahead to use NFL clips and NFL logos and all that. This isn't exactly a glowing chapter in NFL history unlike the Kurt Warner story.

To be honest I'm kinda of shocked the NFL gave this movie the go ahead to use NFL clips and NFL logos and all that. This isn't exactly a glowing chapter in NFL history unlike the Kurt Warner story.
They want to remind everyone how firm they were with their 'concussion' suspensions...

Anyone else a little surprised Payton gave this thing the green light? A slap stick comedy about him being screwed over by the league, suspended for Bountygate and about the year he got divorced and was having all kinds of family troubles. I wouldn't want to revisit that. Anyway, still gonna watch.

Another interesting bit is that the script was written by Chris Titone who is Meghan Payton's boyfriend and who is Adam Sandler's brother in law....

Anyone else a little surprised Payton gave this thing the green light? A slap stick comedy about him being screwed over by the league, suspended for Bountygate and about the year he got divorced and was having all kinds of family troubles. I wouldn't want to revisit that. Anyway, still gonna watch.

Another interesting bit is that the script was written by Chris Titone who is Meghan Payton's boyfriend and who is Adam Sandler's brother in law....

I think you answered your own question there.

The guy who wrote/sold the script is Sandler’s brother-in-law, who happens to be dating Meghan Payton. Seems like a case of Sandler doing his wife’s brother a favor. I bet this gets thrown in the trash otherwise.

This connection also explains Payton’s easy approval.
Seems like a nice case of nepotism or favoritism, to me. They couldve of decided to make a more serious "soul-searching", down-on-his-luck, a bit dispondent serio-drama that focused on Payton finding his life, his football head coaching career, and later on his marriage(as he divorced his first wife a few years after the 2012 solitary confinement season) after Bounty gate in tatters or serious jeopardy, flux, etc whatever. There's no guarantee he'll ever coach Saints again(his original contract with Benson was voided after his suspension due to Bounty gate and there was a brief controversy about whether he'd resign here or whether Dallas and Jerry Jones' greedy, meddling arse would swoop in and continue our continual screwjob Goodell gave us in 2012.)

I think a more nuanced, serious drama centered around a man faced with uncertainty from numerous corners, trying to rediscover his love and infatuation for why he became a successful HC. One could make a limited time Netflix series based around those difficult, trying inescapable themes instead of some stupid Netflix kids movie that only got green-lighted and approved by Payton himself only due to his grown daughter dating a famous Hollywood actor/comedian/writer/producer's brother-in-law.

Last edited:
Here comes the Boom!!!!!! More like Here comes the Bust!!!!

1639647206042.gif

Last edited:
I'm intersted in watching it. There's a reason Parcells reffered to Payton as Denise the Menace during his time at Dallas. A Happy Madison production fits Payton better than people realize.

Should be funny

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom