Kevin Williams for NT? (1 Viewer)

Exactly, so draft or sign a FS.

Quddus was the best safety on the team this year, He should get a full season at FS to see what he can do. It's pretty clear the Jenkins to FS experiment is a flop but he was/still could be a good CB especially at Nickel. Harper is a liability in coverage and is closing in on 30, so he's only gonna get slower. I'm not opposed to drafting Vacarro, Reid or Elam...but only after OT/DT has been addressed. With the switch to the 3-4, NT becomes more than anything else on the defense.

How about it? He's scheduled to be a FA, could be worth it.

Defense could wind up like this;

RDE: Cam Jordan
LDE: Akiem Hicks
NT: Kevin Williams/Broderick Bunkley
ROLB: Junior "The Razor" Galette
ILB: David Hawethorne
ILB: Curtis Lofton
LOLB: Martez Wilson
RCB:patrick Robinson
LCB: Jabari Greer
NCB: Jenkins
FS: Isa Al-Quddus
SS: Draft Pick

I don't think we resign Bushrod, we use the 15th pick on the best OT available, rehauling the defense is important but protecting Brees is the first thing to address this offseason.

So draft:
1 round: Best OT available.
2 round (if we get it) best Safety available.
3 round best DE available
4 round best CB
5 round best OL
6 round best CB
7 round best QB

Thoughts?

I like the lineup, but I dont think we want to pay big bucks for a guy in the twilight of his career..we need to go after guys on their second contracts not guys 30+ yrs old and want a last big pay day...I say keep Bunkley at NT and draft the guy to eventually unseat him...Jenkins is a FS wont be a nickle back in favor is Isa (wishful thinking by fans) but all in all thats probably how our lineup will look like with the exection of the draft class.

i agree with u, meily. bunkly as our starter at nt and draft his replacement in the later rounds. if we cut vilma ,smithand harper,how much cap space do we have? if any.

Quddus was the best safety on the team this year, He should get a full season at FS to see what he can do. It's pretty clear the Jenkins to FS experiment is a flop but he was/still could be a good CB especially at Nickel. Harper is a liability in coverage and is closing in on 30, so he's only gonna get slower. I'm not opposed to drafting Vacarro, Reid or Elam...but only after OT/DT has been addressed. With the switch to the 3-4, NT becomes more than anything else on the defense.

OK and I never said otherwise. Draft or sign a FA FS, if that player is Ed Reed, then screw IAQ, if not we still need a backup fs am I right? Jenkins should be moved to nickel corner. Roman should stay right where he is. You act as if 30 is 50. We are talking about the same guy who 2 years ago almost broke the sack record as a safety. Put him in a position where he can just make plays, not having to cover 1 on 1, he will be fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom