Keys to Victory for the Saints Against Green Bay/Preview (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Last night after looking over everything, I wrote a post previewing Sunday's game and list three keys to winning against Green Bay.

Control the clock with the run game, take care of the football, get pressure on Rodgers, stop their run game and special teams need to make an impact.

Our pass rush.

Period.

End of story.
That is where I am. If we are to have a good chance to win it will be because we put constant pressure on Rodgers and keep him from breaking contain. Easier said than done, particularly when our defensive weakness is on the interior DL. We need to get some push there as our ends IMO will do their part on the outside.

That is where I am. If we are to have a good chance to win it will be because we put constant pressure on Rodgers and keep him from breaking contain. Easier said than done, particularly when our defensive weakness is on the interior DL. We need to get some push there as our ends IMO will do their part on the outside.
Exactly.

Our secondary will survive if the pass rush is excellent.

Well, they have some suspect linemen @ Guard and and center. Moved a pro bowl guard to Left tackle. The best way to take advantage of this is to #1 stop the run, and put GB in to 3rd and long. I'm thinking a nice speed rotation of DE's on the new LT, and stunts (hidden and delayed blitzes) up the middle. #2 Don't let AR ad-lib and run around to make plays. Containment! GB is trying to install a new defense, find it's weakness, and exploit it. #3 Run the ball and work the clock. Keep AR off the field. Move Calloway around more, so he doesn't draw their best CB all the time.

With Lattimore being downgraded to “questionable”, I'm more worried about the secondary more so than the DL. They looked pretty good in the preseason.

Must establish the run don't become 1 dimensional we don't have the recievers for this to happen!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom