Pelicans Keys to winning Game 3 (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.grandadmiral.net
Ok. Going into Game 3 tonight, we obviously have the momentum. So what are we looking at to pull off games 3 & 4?
  • Don't take for granted Booker's absence - this is pedal to the medal time. Don't ease up because Booker isn't in the lineup. Phoenix has won before without him (although it killed them in the Finals last year).
  • Smother the hell out of CP3. He isn't young anymore and if play him tight, I feel he will cave. I would put #NotOnHerb on him all night.
  • Use our bigs like no others. Jonas will get his stats, but when Jax and Nance are providing needed points as well, we are damn near unstoppable.
  • Continue crashing the boards. The differential between us and the Suns on rebounds was insane in Game 2. That has to continue.
  • Make our low percentage shots. I cringe when I see a player miss a shot right under the basket. That can't happen for the Pels. The Suns will still be able to score without Booker, so we need to make each basket count.
Anything else to throw in for tonight's win?

Agreed particularly on the bigs. When Hayes came on in the 4th they switched into another gear. I’ll also just say make those free throws!

I have no expectation of being able to talk tomorrow.

Ok. Going into Game 3 tonight, we obviously have the momentum. So what are we looking at to pull off games 3 & 4?
  • Don't take for granted Booker's absence - this is pedal to the medal time. Don't ease up because Booker isn't in the lineup. Phoenix has won before without him (although it killed them in the Finals last year).
  • Smother the hell out of CP3. He isn't young anymore and if play him tight, I feel he will cave. I would put #NotOnHerb on him all night.
  • Use our bigs like no others. Jonas will get his stats, but when Jax and Nance are providing needed points as well, we are damn near unstoppable.
  • Continue crashing the boards. The differential between us and the Suns on rebounds was insane in Game 2. That has to continue.
  • Make our low percentage shots. I cringe when I see a player miss a shot right under the basket. That can't happen for the Pels. The Suns will still be able to score without Booker, so we need to make each basket count.
Also, continue to push the pace. Phoenix has trouble setting up their defense when we pushed the pace.

Also, continue to push the pace. Phoenix has trouble setting up their defense when we pushed the pace.
Like I said in EE....we are dominating the board so pretty much when they shoot either it goes in or we get the board. In the 3rd quarter, Hayes was starting our fast breaks before we even secured the rebound and it worked very well. Just run their arses up and down the floor

Score more points total?

We need to make our free throws.

BI continues to show the league he is a superstar.

Like I said in EE....we are dominating the board so pretty much when they shoot either it goes in or we get the board. In the 3rd quarter, Hayes was starting our fast breaks before we even secured the rebound and it worked very well. Just run their arses up and down the floor
This.

I want this to be like a hockey game with no 2 line pass whistle

Expecting Phoenix to come out with a three point barrage to start the game, and I also expect Phoenix to tighten up the defense so it’s important for us to find the Open man and convert points whenever we have that offensive rebound. And don’t get me started on converting free throws we definitely have to improve there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom