Keyshawn Johnson just suggested the Ravens trading for MT in First Take (not exactly)- Mod edit (1 Viewer)

Here’s the segment. What I think everything is referring to starts at 9:00.
The topic wasn’t even a trade. It was just about Lamar.

I watched that interview in its entirety and MT came off as humble as I’ve ever heard him be and gave all cookie cutter responses. We all know MT is far from humble, so it honestly feels like the organization told him to be quiet and ball. He may not like that.
So it was “false humility “? Should he have been more truculent? Would that have eased your mind?

Last edited:
So it was “false humility “? SMH. So he should have been more truculent? Would that have eased your mind?
It surely felt like it was false humility and not genuine. Btw I never had one doubt that MT was all in with this team including during the two years that he was injured. Until that interview… now it’s in the back of my mind that he’s been told he needs to be more of a team player after all the drama. Is that not plausible?

It surely felt like it was false humility and not genuine. Btw I never had one doubt that MT was all in with this team including during the two years that he was injured. Until that interview… now it’s in the back of my mind that he’s been told he needs to be more of a team player after all the drama. Is that not plausible?
Almost anything is plausible, but still. MT has a crippling cap hit and he knows that. MT needs to put up good numbers this year and he knows NO is most
likely the best option for that (now that training camps are into their 3rd week).

And just maybe (now hear me out, I realize this one is a stretch) he has actually bought in and wants to make a real run with the 2022 version of the Saints.

With Brees gone I do worry about MT getting upset with Winston.

A pretty strong prediction is that MT will have less targets when drew was feeding him all the time. To the point of breaking records.

We could have another Brandon cooks situation. “Closed mouths don’t get fed”. But I’m hoping MT is mature about this season and enjoys playing on a huge contract

Here's some context for this.

Producer: "Hey Keyshawn, we need to fill some more time. Come up with something that'll make people talk."
Keyshawn: <This>

There you go.

Yall have got to be kidding me, you guys are panicking about Keyshawn using his nephew as an example along with DK Metcalf of what the Ravens should do in acquiring a top WR not via the draft, into M. Thomas is on the verge on getting traded. This board is going to be exciting to see after our 1st lost, if this is what we are doing already.

Yall have got to be kidding me, you guys are panicking about Keyshawn using his nephew as an example along with DK Metcalf of what the Ravens should do in acquiring a top WR not via the draft, into M. Thomas is on the verge on getting traded. This board is going to be exciting to see after our 1st lost, if this is what we are doing already.
It's an old remark by Keyshawn

With Brees gone I do worry about MT getting upset with Winston.

A pretty strong prediction is that MT will have less targets when drew was feeding him all the time. To the point of breaking records.

We could have another Brandon cooks situation. “Closed mouths don’t get fed”. But I’m hoping MT is mature about this season and enjoys playing on a huge contract
I think MT wants a ring at this point. Olave is his dude. I see no issue with Olave getting some of MTs catches and I'm sure MT see no issue with it. Despite what has been reported here, MT has always seemed like a team/win first kind of dude to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom