Keyshawn Johnson said he has "intel" that he can't share and that the Saints will not go near where they want to go if Jameis can't get healthy (2 Viewers)

Seriously. How is Dalton supposed to get 10+ wins 4 straight seasons in Cincy and somehow not be able to at least go .500 with a supremely superior supporting cast?

Because that was six, going on seven years ago and since then Dalton's amassed a 27-43-1 record as a starter since then.

sounds to me like CGM told Uncle Keyshawn that dalton's arm is washed
Well we saw in preseason, in camp, and in scrimmages that simply isn’t true.

He’s not a superstar, God no. But, anyone that thinks he isn’t a great option as a backup doesn’t know the game. He isn’t our long term answer, but he’s a viable option while Jameis gets healthy.

Sounds to me like the Winston injury is worse than said, makes sense if he’s wearing 4 layers of padding but moreso sounds like he’s thrown a ton of shade at Dalton and there could be issue there, or he’s just stirring the pot lol

Jimmy G
Cooper Rush
Teddy Bridgewater
Nick Foles
and Garner Minshew doesn't think he's even top 5
Nick Foles? Cooper Rush? Lol I’m done. Teddy?

The same Teddy that’s 12-18 since he left here? Maybe with us.

Cooper after 3 games?

Foles? Same Foles who’s got a guy who’s a bottom 10 QB playing in front of him? The guy who’s 4-10 in his last 14 starts?

Minshew? The guy that’s 8-17 in his last 25 starts?

I actually like them as backups but I can make an argument for Dalton over any of them.

Exclude Jimmy bc he’s only a backup bc they wouldn’t trade him.

The fact that people are using his time with the Bears as a measuring stick says all I need to know. The same bears that have garbage at QB every year including now because they are the bears. Also some time in Dallas when he played with a team beat up to hell and back

Dalton is no stud, we know that. But yes, he’s better than almost everyone you named on your list as a backup QB in our system

Again, our system needs upgrading 100%, but he’s good enough to hold the fort while Jameis gets better health wise

Last edited:
If it’s as bad as Keyshawn makes it sound, why in the blue hell are they letting Winston play with the injury?
Exactly… and this is Dennis Allen’s last shot to be a HC. He crashed and burned badly with the Raiders, and if he does the same with this roster, he’s done forever.

Sounds to me like the Winston injury is worse than said, makes sense if he’s wearing 4 layers of padding but moreso sounds like he’s thrown a ton of shade at Dalton and there could be issue there, or he’s just stirring the pot lol
Key being Key. He is who he is.

And we don’t know for sure what his angle or info is that’s if he even has any.

A strong arm isn’t how you read/beat CB blitzes and zero coverage.

Dalton is a backup QB. He has performed like a backup since 2019. I want Dalton to start vs Minny so Winston can get a full weeks rest with zero reps to heal his back and ankle. Winston was taking sacks because he can’t move in the pocket.

A strong arm isn’t how you read/beat CB blitzes and zero coverage.

Dalton is a backup QB. He has performed like a backup since 2019. I want Dalton to start vs Minny so Winston can get a full weeks rest with zero reps to heal his back and ankle. Winston was taking sacks because he can’t move in the pocket.
His back is bad enough where he isn't even taking physical reps at least I think that's what I heard. If Jameis is just taking mental reps at practice his injuries are bad enough where he needs to sit and rest. You can't just have mental reps you need the physical reps as well.

Because that was six, going on seven years ago and since then Dalton's amassed a 27-43-1 record as a starter since then.
And as for supporting cast... Dalton will be a smudge on the turf with the atrocity parading as a OLine. Even if he gets it out quick the pressure is there.

Dalton is healthy. Jameis is not. It's pretty simple, and not a slight on JW. It just is what it is. We need a game manager who has a functioning spinal column and who can make accurate throws when needed. Whatever intel Key has, he's not in the building. Hebert and Mike D did assessments of Dalton in camp. If his arm was 'cooked,' I'm sure it would have warranted a mention then. I think this is JW insisting he can go, especially having missed so much time last year, and no one has had the heart to tell him 'no.'

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom