Keyshawn Johnson said he has "intel" that he can't share and that the Saints will not go near where they want to go if Jameis can't get healthy (1 Viewer)

Jameis seems to be feeling the pressure big time. I mean look at him arguing with a coach on the sideline.

I don’t blame him.

He feels like he got a raw deal by TB

Gets a chance with Sean and Drew and learns a lot

Gets his shot and gets hurt against his old team

Gets hurt again in training camp

Comes back from the injury and Sean is gone, the pressure is on him and it doesn’t start well in Atlanta

He breaks bones in his back

He plays awful against his old team

I mean the dude is human, this is a lot of crap that he’s dealing with and some demons on top of it.
Definitely. The injury and getting acclimated to a new coaching staff at the same time has to be tough.

Jameis seems to be feeling the pressure big time. I mean look at him arguing with a coach on the sideline.

I don’t blame him.

He feels like he got a raw deal by TB

Gets a chance with Sean and Drew and learns a lot

Gets his shot and gets hurt against his old team

Gets hurt again in training camp

Comes back from the injury and Sean is gone, the pressure is on him and it doesn’t start well in Atlanta

He breaks bones in his back

He plays awful against his old team

I mean the dude is human, this is a lot of crap that he’s dealing with and some demons on top of it.
You can add that, just like Dennis Allen, if it doesn't work here, the market in the offseason plus his injury history suggests Jameis Winston won't get another shot as a starting QB in the NFL anytime soon. I can see why Jameis would grit his teeth and power through injury to start every game right now. While I commend Jameis for the courage (foolhardiness?), I think Allen needs to evaluate and make tough decisions for the other 52 men on the roster who want to win and whose careers are getting one game shorter each time a QB with 4 broken vertebrae goes out there. I'm not a doctor and Allen has a better sense of his options, but he hasn't earned the deferences to his judgment that Sean Payton did from the fanbase.

Seriously. How is Dalton supposed to get 10+ wins 4 straight seasons in Cincy and somehow not be able to at least go .500 with a supremely superior supporting cast?
Ask Dallas and Chicago because neither team brought him back.

No, it sounds to me that Keyshawn is speaking out of his butt and does not even know who our backup is. They mention Hill and Siemian as the backups. No mention of Dalton.
Never mind just listened to it again. I forgot they mentioned his back injury.

I also can't tell if they think Trevor and Taysom are the backups this year or that the Saints might be able to win some games with the backup this year like they did last year with Trevor and Taysom.

Now that you mention it, do we even know if that was from this year and not last year. It could easily be a broadcast from last year of Keyshawn talking about Winston's injury.

Last edited:
Allen has to go if Saints get blown out next week. Either Bench Winston, or Allen needs to go. He is not a WINNING HEAD COACH....and never will be.

Maybe he knows we might claim another cast off QB since now we’re tied for 3rd on the waiver wire

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Effective today, the NFL&#39;s waiver claim priority is reflective of 2022 records and will be updated weekly throughout the season. <br><br>If two teams with a tied priority try to claim the same player, a coin flip determines which team he is awarded to. <br><br>Full priority list below: <a href="https://t.co/QJYh8Ald8t">pic.twitter.com/QJYh8Ald8t</a></p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="">September 27, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, Keyshawn said before the season, that he picks us to go to the SB. Just Monday, he said that he is not backing off of that decision based off us losing Sunday. He said that he is not wishy-washy like most talking heads.

Regarding what was said in the OP’s thread post:
1.) To me, it seems like our team is reluctant to pull Jameis bc if we do, then Dalton gets injured, then we have no 3rd QB (bc TH7 has not taken any reps as a QB this season).
2.) Dalton’s arm is NOT shot, if that’s what anyone is thinking. He had enough “Pop” on the ball last year. His arm is fine.
3.) the locker room may want Jameis to continue to be the QB regardless of injury
4.) Jameis has incriminating photos of DA/Carmichael/Loomis😂. So, that could be the reluctance to pull him
5.) DA and medical staff, violated the injury status of Jameis, and is scared bc of penalties from the league. To me it seemed shady.
6.) You pull Jameis to heal, Dalton does very well. Jameis gets healthy and now you are stuck with a QB controversy

Keyshawn and Bart Scott were all in on the Saints coming into the season. They picked the Saints for the Super Bowl and Jameis Winston for MVP before the season began.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom