Keyshawn Johnson said he has "intel" that he can't share and that the Saints will not go near where they want to go if Jameis can't get healthy (1 Viewer)

What tells me that Jameis's injury is affecting his throws: long ball accuracy is suspect at best and he's underthrowing. That's never been his MO. He's throwing short on long passes because he's reduced to being an arm thrower. They need to sit him for his own sake for a few weeks to let him heal up. I'd rather have him playing like last season towards the end of this season than being broken and bloodied the whole season.

Keyshawn and Bart Scott were all in on the Saints coming into the season. They picked the Saints for the Super Bowl and Jameis Winston for MVP before the season began.

So now he’s hedging with intel that can’t be shared… 😏

Well, Keyshawn said before the season, that he picks us to go to the SB. Just Monday, he said that he is not backing off of that decision based off us losing Sunday. He said that he is not wishy-washy like most talking heads.

Regarding what was said in the OP’s thread post:
1.) To me, it seems like our team is reluctant to pull Jameis bc if we do, then Dalton gets injured, then we have no 3rd QB (bc TH7 has not taken any reps as a QB this season).
2.) Dalton’s arm is NOT shot, if that’s what anyone is thinking. He had enough “Pop” on the ball last year. His arm is fine.
3.) the locker room may want Jameis to continue to be the QB regardless of injury
4.) Jameis has incriminating photos of DA/Carmichael/Loomis😂. So, that could be the reluctance to pull him
5.) DA and medical staff, violated the injury status of Jameis, and is scared bc of penalties from the league. To me it seemed shady.
6.) You pull Jameis to heal, Dalton does very well. Jameis gets healthy and now you are stuck with a QB controversy
Actually TH has taken reps at qb do t think he has thrown

He was inactive last week

IMO anyone who thought JW was going to carry this team hasn’t been paying attention he is a 37 - 46 record as a starter

Guys!

We have to remove the Beer Goggles. This is what TB dealt with for years with Winston. Now we are living. Does anyone really expect him to just turn it around?
Difference being- seemed like when he was in TB you felt like they could score any minute. He could turn it over, or they could hit a bomb on any given play. Here it’s starting to feel like it takes an act of God for us to even sniff scoring. So we’re not seeing much of the upside- but that’s equal blame across entire O in my opinion.

Dalton is the savior? He was a mid level starter who's career is coming to an end. He has not looked good in his backup role to a point where somebody would sign him to start again. So his knowledge of the game will keep him around a few more years, but no team will depend on him if they don't have to. Jameis is hurt, but obviously can still make some throws that a healthy Dalton can't.

Because that was six, going on seven years ago and since then Dalton's amassed a 27-43-1 record as a starter since then.
And Winston’s is 34-46 for a career. Doesn’t mean anything.

Is DA trying to get fired because history has shown this organization that playing an obviously hurt QB instead of starting the backup is exactly the kind of thing that leads to DA getting fired.

Is DA trying to get fired because history has shown this organization that playing an obviously hurt QB instead of starting the backup is exactly the kind of thing that leads to DA getting fired.
Let's be honest, it still took years to get rid of Haslett after insisting that Brooks play even though he was injured and protesting playing while injured. Haslett screwed up two QB's careers.

Sounds to me like the Winston injury is worse than said, makes sense if he’s wearing 4 layers of padding but moreso sounds like he’s thrown a ton of shade at Dalton and there could be issue there, or he’s just stirring the pot lol

There are players that Keyshawn hates and Dalton is one of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom