KFFL reporting high ankle sprain... (1 Viewer)

I just saw it reported on ESPN as a high ankle sprain and Colston "may" miss a few weeks.

I hope Copper can learn how to hold onto the ball because I think Colsotn may be out for just one week

High ankle sprain or not, it really depends on how severe it is. Deuce has had a couple high ankle sprains before...one of them kept him out a few weeks, but the other one didn't keep him out of any games.

High ankle sprains, even without any ligament damage, is a 3-4 week thing normally. Even then he won't be 100%. I would go out on a limb and say, he won't be the same the rest of the year, if it's bad at all. You see, he will not have enough time for it to heal properly. Yes, they can get him back on the field but, can he be effective? I'm not so sure. The things he does best, he won't be able to do.

Yes, they can get him back on the field but, can he be effective? I'm not so sure. The things he does best, he won't be able to do.

Thats what should be a concern. Probably in the team and his best interest to sit out the Atlanta game.

Payton was on Sirus this morning and said it was, to his knowledge, not a high ankle sprain.

payton said on Sirius that he hadn't heard the high ankle sprain just sprain.

Kenny W. was saying on WWL last night that Colston had been having some achilles trouble for the past few weeks, and that after the ankle injury last week, it appeared Colston was stretching his achilles on the sideline.

Now, if he's got achilles trouble, I don't want to even risk it. Let him sit until he's 100%, because we need this kid for the future as well.

A "High Ankle Sprain" can involve torn liagments that need to be surgically repaired. You might have needed a screw put in and never got it.

Any ankle sprain by definition involves stretching and or tearing of the ligaments. Low ankle sprains may also have to be treated by surgery if it involves a complete rupture of the ligament. Sprains are graded, most second degree sprains involve a partially torn ligament, first degree sprains indicate less of a tearing or stretching. In third degree sprains the ligament may be completely ruptured.

A high ankle sprain is a much more serious injury because it involves the ligament from the lower leg to the ankle. Unless its a very mild high ankle sprain, it could be a problem for the rest of the season.

Typically players come back too early from high ankle sprains because they teat it like a low ankle sprain which can be taped better and heals more easily. I have had both injuries and there is really no comparison. I sprained my lower ankle all the time but only recently had a mild high ankle sprain. It took months for my ankle to feel normal after the high ankle when I would be good to go in a week or so after mowst of my low ankle sprains.

Many here will remember how Ricky Williams never played the same his rookie year after his high ankle sprain, he kept coming back too early and aggravating it.

It looked to me like Colston had the high injury sprain, just the way he was walking. I hope thats not true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom