Article Khai Harley, New Orleans Saints VP of football administration, helps team maintain flexibility (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1624487074416.png

By John DeShazier | Senior Writer - NewOrleansSaints.com

Whatever theories, philosophies, possibilities, and curiosities are making the rounds in Khai Harley's brain – a reservoir of information and projection that possibly is even more voluminous than it needs to be – the end game is simple.

"I would say in general, a very basic philosophy is I want to try to maintain as much flexibility to give (Executive Vice President/General Manager) Mickey (Loomis) and the coaches the resources that they need," he said. "I don't want to be in a position to say that we can't do something because of the (salary) cap. Now, obviously, it does affect our operations in what we can and can't do, but you just want to maintain as much flexibility as possible.

"At the end of the day, all you want to do is, you want to be able to do what your club wants to do while abiding by the rules. You're going to walk up to that line but you're not going to cross the line. That takes some discussion with the league in terms of new things, in order to not cross that line."

Harley, the New Orleans Saints' vice president of football administration, often operates as if he drew the line, and with good reason. Prior to joining the Saints in 2008, he worked five years as the manager of labor relations with the NFL Management Council.

So when given the opportunity to share information in the Ozzie Newsome GM Forum this week – the goal in which is to help advance minority hiring in NFL front offices – Harley presented a unique perspective from his own wealth of knowledge.

"I've presented to them in the past; this is the first year that they named it the Ozzie Newsome GM Forum," Harley said Wednesday. "They bring in a variety of people to present to aspiring GMs and aspiring head coaches.

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Good article. Really hope that the saints dont lose him.
I remember when I met a newly appointed Regional manager (my region). He came in to meet everyone. There is this one lady in particular (a former employee of mine….I’ve changed locations) that caught the attention of the RM. This woman is a legend….just an absolute dynamic, wonderful, smart, thoughtful, and brilliant human being. Everyone who meets her, literally feels “at home” when around her. It’s hard to encapsulate her energy and aura with words. Once I was alone with the RM, he said “Don’t you ever let her leave the company”. I hope that’s how Gayle, Mickey, and SP feels about Khai.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom