Kill It With Fire (official thread devoted to spiders, snakes, etc.) (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Since it seems like there's always some sort of story popping up about freakish animals, I decided to start a thread dedicated to collecting this nightmare fuel. Exhibit A:

Heathen Saint

#Sanders2020
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Some roaches bite? Huh. Never knew that. Disgusting, oh yeah. But I didn't know some of the dirty nasty bastiches bit.
yep. Lived in Hawaii and was going up the stairs one night and one flew on me and bit me on the back of the neck when I tried swatting it.,Disgusting things

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Snakes no problem, lizards? I will burn my house down. Someone hung a lizard on my ear at the age of 5 and they are now my kryptonite!
Do you have any filipino friends living in the southern U.S. ? Lizards released in the home will seek out and destroy Brown Recluse Spiders. The bite of a brown recluse will do far for damage than a lizard bite on your ear. sorry, I'm a nature nerd to the nth degree.

Tater

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I am terrified of any kind of snake. I surprised myself at staying calm when I had a moccasin crawl across my foot and one swim between my legs when I was crossing a stream.

I went bow hunting last October and was going to climb up a ladder stand , but the support beam had came loose. I decided to use my stool and just sit in the brush underneath it.
I got between 2 small trees with brush to my back. After a while I heard something rustling in the leaves so thinking a deer was coming up behind me I turned and looked; and out the corner of my eye I see a 3ft cotton mouth coming right at me.
I was out of my cover and into the open in a flash. He curled up and I shot him with my crossbow, almost cutting him in half.
That wasn't good enough. I pulled out my pistol and emptied the clip on him.
Let's just say the rest of my hunting trip was more of looking on the ground and less looking at my surroundings.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was in a parking garage elevator with a giant spider looking down at me from his perch on the ceiling. Luckily for the GoPark, he didn't drop down on me and I didn't have a blow torch on me. Because if he had made a move on me, that would have been my go to defense. It was the most terrifying 3-floor elevator ride of my life. I may have nightmares all week.
I like how you assume the spider is male

purvis_guy

Victim of Laughing Chance
Reaction score
My ex-wife moved here(south Mississippi) from Northern Maine, she had never had experience with roaches and was terrified of them. The sound she made when seeing them was not so much a scream as a yodel. I always knew that sound, so I would grab the Raid and come a-running. :D

UndeadSnoopy

Coffin Fresh!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Overall, this thread isn't as bad as I thought.

Not many snakes here. I really do not mind spiders at all. I would let them build webs on the outside of my windows when I lived in Louisiana. Mosquitoes and flies were no longer a nuisance.

What possesses Aussies too swim where crocodiles may be? Help me @zeetes , is it a hidden death wish?

Even if I were suicidal, being eaten alive would be low on my list of ways to die.

SUGrad03

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ticks! I used to live in the tick factory AKA Missouri; and I work outside. Things were everywhere, you could stand on pavement and watch them stalk you. Had a coworker nearly die from ehrlichiosis, one get lymes, and another get the red meat allergy. We got into so many once, a lady had them on her eyelids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom