Kill It With Fire (official thread devoted to spiders, snakes, etc.) (2 Viewers)

My ex-wife moved here(south Mississippi) from Northern Maine, she had never had experience with roaches and was terrified of them. The sound she made when seeing them was not so much a scream as a yodel. I always knew that sound, so I would grab the Raid and come a-running. :D

giphy.gif
You are officially blocked.

Overall, this thread isn't as bad as I thought.

Not many snakes here. I really do not mind spiders at all. I would let them build webs on the outside of my windows when I lived in Louisiana. Mosquitoes and flies were no longer a nuisance.

What possesses Aussies too swim where crocodiles may be? Help me @zeetes , is it a hidden death wish?

Even if I were suicidal, being eaten alive would be low on my list of ways to die.

Ticks! I used to live in the tick factory AKA Missouri; and I work outside. Things were everywhere, you could stand on pavement and watch them stalk you. Had a coworker nearly die from ehrlichiosis, one get lymes, and another get the red meat allergy. We got into so many once, a lady had them on her eyelids.

Ticks! I used to live in the tick factory AKA Missouri; and I work outside. Things were everywhere, you could stand on pavement and watch them stalk you. Had a coworker nearly die from ehrlichiosis, one get lymes, and another get the red meat allergy. We got into so many once, a lady had them on her eyelids.

Places I would consider moving to:

Australia

Missouri

forking asian hornets

My God....they are so big that you can put a leash on them

And their stings do this

Christ Zeetes you've got more layers than a bloomin onion
aww shucks, i only like white and yellow onions (not trying to be racist, but red onions are the devil many times over, bleh bleh bleh).

that said, bloomin onion is offensive, as is the rest of the "outback steakhouse" menu.

i'll still eat there though....dammit wnelson. i still <3 you.

Being from the UK, never really had to worry about bitey stingy things too much. However, moving to Missouri changed that!

I dont mind too many critter, but not a fan of spiders, i give them a wide birth unless they are in my house, lots of brown recluses here so any spider dies, i dont chance it.

However I had a run in with spider a few years ago: I was siting in basement on computer, i feel a something on my leg- I assumed it was cats tail brushing on me, so I swipe down at my leg, however, I make contact with something much more solid, and hear and audible thud as something hit the floor. I tuned on desk light and looked down only to see a very large wolf spider on the floor, abut 5-6 inches across including legs. I t scurried behind my PC desk which is a corner desk.

I shine a light on it and see the 8 eyes reflecting back ( how i later identified it as a wold spider). and after some shenanigans with a sword and a glue trap, got rid off it, but to think that was on my leg still gives me the willies.

Also- feck sharks

Being from the UK, never really had to worry about bitey stingy things too much. However, moving to Missouri changed that!

I dont mind too many critter, but not a fan of spiders, i give them a wide birth unless they are in my house, lots of brown recluses here so any spider dies, i dont chance it.

However I had a run in with spider a few years ago: I was siting in basement on computer, i feel a something on my leg- I assumed it was cats tail brushing on me, so I swipe down at my leg, however, I make contact with something much more solid, and hear and audible thud as something hit the floor. I tuned on desk light and looked down only to see a very large wolf spider on the floor, abut 5-6 inches across including legs. I t scurried behind my PC desk which is a corner desk.

I shine a light on it and see the 8 eyes reflecting back ( how i later identified it as a wold spider). and after some shenanigans with a sword and a glue trap, got rid off it, but to think that was on my leg still gives me the willies.

Also- feck sharks

my kid and my girl tease me because I am scared of 1 thing besides heights... spiders

but as far as fecking sharks... when I was about 9 my family went to Destin for a vacation. I was about 10 ft from shore when I hear my dad screaming "stand ******* still, don't move!" so I do and he eventually gestures for me to come back to shore. come to find out as my older brother is laughing audibly that a "6 or 7" ft shark was within about a foot of me. I never knew and from that day forward ive only really swam in pools.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom