"Kill Kill!" (1 Viewer)

Of course not but it’s was a possibility so the QB has to have the ability to know where the ball needs to go if they do decide to come and make adjustments before the ball is snapped. He ran the play that was called to a T and still managed to take a 5 step drop in the shotgun with a defender coming at him in the direction he was looking. That has to get better regardless of the QB back there.

Sure and I’ve shared concerns about his instincts. However, I think BayouSaintJoe and others have made good points about offensive faults, particularly playcalling and play formation that isn’t making it easy on a QB with 10 starts in this offense, and who hasn’t played a lot of football over the last three years.

Better get on the phone quick and beg number 9 to come back! This season is going to Hell in a hand basket faster than you can blink your eye! That only addresses half the problem. The other part sad to say is DA. I like the dude and have loved his Defenses but it doesn’t look like to me that he can motivate the players. Every player on our team knew Sean was the Alpha male and I can’t say the same yet about DA. I will just say it like this, “ Sean Payton did not play”! “He got kicked out the second grade cause he would not go to recess, the dude did not play”!

I'd like to know how many of yall actually played QB in your lifetime. And then how many of you played at least in college. I'm sure that number is very low, yet you are mentally better than an NFL QB and former Heisman winner watching your TV from your couch. SMH.

Some of you seem to not acknowledge that there are NFL players on the other side of the ball and defensive coaches that are paid millions to do what they do. If a team gets the better of you that doesn't make you incompetent. If that were the case then Tom Brady is trash if you judge him by his play against the Saints where he has a gang of interceptions, sacks and fumbles. Stop moving the goal post just because it's happening against the team you root for.

Sure and I’ve shared concerns about his instincts. However, I think BayouSaintJoe and others have made good points about offensive faults, particularly playcalling and play formation that isn’t making it easy on a QB with 10 starts in this offense, and who hasn’t played a lot of football over the last three years.
They raise good points, but they also are using still shots as definitive proof that their point is correct.

In a discussion about Ruiz people were using still shots as proof they were correct that Ruiz was playing badly and gave up several sacks in one of the first two games. Turns out that if you watch the play in it's entirety, you see the still shots are deceptive and that Ruiz was not the one who missed assignments that lead to sacks.

My point being, still frames are not the best way to understand or illustrate what's happening on a play.

Being the blitz is just as much about post snap reads and adjustments as pre-snap. Unless the offense has more than 3 eligible receivers split out wide, the defense can still walk 8 guys up to the line of scrimmage. The Saints defense does it a lot to other teams, even when they are spread out.

I don't think the bunch formation is as much of problem as some claim it is. Brees, Bridgewater, Siemian and Hill didn't have as much trouble with it as Winston seems to have. Maybe you stop doing it because Winston struggles with it, but that doesn't mean they have to stop doing because it's a bad formation. It means they have to stop doing it because Winston struggles with it.

How much of the offense do the Saints have to abandoned, because Winston struggles with it? How effective can you be if you reduce your offense down to just what Winston doesn't struggle with?

If the Saints only do what Winston is comfortable with and likes to do, they'll become one dimensional and even easier to defend. That's the problem with Winston in a nutshell.

I'd like to know how many of yall actually played QB in your lifetime. And then how many of you played at least in college. I'm sure that number is very low, yet you are mentally better than an NFL QB and former Heisman winner watching your TV from your couch. SMH.

Some of you seem to not acknowledge that there are NFL players on the other side of the ball and defensive coaches that are paid millions to do what they do. If a team gets the better of you that doesn't make you incompetent. If that were the case then Tom Brady is trash if you judge him by his play against the Saints where he has a gang of interceptions, sacks and fumbles. Stop moving the goal post just because it's happening against the team you root for.
Using that same logic, how many here have ever coached even at the high school level, yet people here think they the are mentally better than NFL coaches? Just as many people think they know better than the coaches as those who think they know better than the QB. Just as many people are saying the coaches are incompetent as those that are saying the QB is.

It cuts in every direction.

was that the play where the ran the same blitz two times in the row and got home

Didn’t Winston compare learning under Payton/Brees like going to QB Harvard or something like that? Seriously, what the hell did he learn..

Surely he was writing something down on that clipboard right?
Perhaps it was one of those correspondence courses? I mean, his lone year with Drew was the Covid year.

Using that same logic, how many here have ever coached even at the high school level, yet people here think they the are mentally better than NFL coaches? Just as many people think they know better than the coaches as those who think they know better than the QB. Just as many people are saying the coaches are incompetent as those that are saying the QB is.

It cuts in every direction.
Definitely. I'm as guilty of it as anybody. It's what we do as fans. But we have to remember we are just fans and we are not even close to being as good at football as our coaches and players.

Nah...he's supposed to make the simple read of the TE being passed off by the MLB or whatever the hell that was before the CB that ran a 4.29 comes off the corner untouched....well then again, I guess taking a sack was better than the batted ball/pick.

Whatever. like I said...there are things we (Pete) can do to help him (spreading the alignment and making the pre-snap pressure identification easier is the easiest thing we can do.)...IDC what Brees did vs this look, he aint walking through the door, CSP aint walking through that door, it's Coach Pete and Jameis, they need to figure this out or they'll face this same look combination every single game.

I'm not directing this at you @MV2 you're one of the elite few in my personal purgatory that understands what I'm saying apparently.

Nah...he's supposed to make the simple read of the TE being passed off by the MLB or whatever the hell that was before the CB that ran a 4.29 comes off the corner untouched....well then again, I guess taking a sack was better than the batted ball/pick.

Whatever. like I said...there are things we (Pete) can do to help him (spreading the alignment and making the pre-snap pressure identification easier is the easiest thing we can do.)...IDC what Brees did vs this look, he aint walking through the door, CSP aint walking through that door, it's Coach Pete and Jameis, they need to figure this out or they'll face this same look combination every single game.

I'm not directing this at you @MV2 you're one of the elite few in my personal purgatory that understands what I'm saying apparently.
So like a McVay/Goff type system? Would this help Winston?

I don't think some of yall understand what we're saying...or I might be in a weird purgatory where nothing makes sense or everything that I think makes sense, makes sense to no one else.

You ever see a play where the receivers are spread out wide, but the CB pre snap cheats in and shows blitz...the QB would then spot the CB and kill the play, then the CB would back of his blitz in kind.

Wanna know why this doesn't happen w/ us? Because your receivers are lined up here:

1664315873540.png
You don't know if that guy is covering or coming.
Why didn’t people like to blitz Brees or Brady or Rodgers or Mahomes? Do you think they never have zero blitz coming.? Yes I get it, you can’t be right all the time but some QBs don’t get blitzed often because they can tell where it’s coming from and they burn you. This isn’t something knew. Hell even Eli was someone you didn’t blitz.

No...that's inferring Jameis can't make his own decisions...he can do that. We just need to make blitz recognition easier by decluttering the box. Push the WRs out wide, corner cheats in...he's coming, identify hot read execute.

That also makes picking up inside blitz easier...with our bunch alignment, the RB has to guess inside or out, if we get the outside rush out of the way, he can commit to the inside rush quicker.

No, but it will help the TEAM!!! The struggles on offense is a TEAM problem and YES, that includes Winston. The Saints are putting too many defenders into play where the OLine & QB are struggling against the pressure. We have and success in the passing game when the receivers are spread out, whether they take the snap from under center or in the shotgun, they were able to execute their play. We have a very talented receiver corps and yet they find themselves at the bottom of the list of being wide open. Why??? How can that be???

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom