King Kong vs Godzilla (1 Viewer)

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
Glad to hear that it was good overall. I’ll force my family to watch it with me tomorrow and I’d better not get any lip from the women-folk. :mad:

Or else....

I’ll change the channel, but I won’t like it. :mad:

fred8615

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I spent the day Wednesday watching all the movies in chronological order (Kong, Godzilla, King of the Monsters), then watched GvK (loved it!!!!!!!😍😍😍). All of them in 4k BTW. Then for dessert, I watched the original Raymond Burr Godzilla, followed by the original King Kong on TCM.

It don't get much better than that.😁

Reaction score
I rewatched the final act and I think it’s clear that Godzilla beat Kong. They split their first 2 rounds and the 3rd round ended with Godzilla’s foot on Kong’s chest. Godzilla could have killed him right then. But didn’t. Godzilla just roared intensely at him. But even in (what could have been Kong’s final minutes), Kong roared right back. Refusing to bow. I think Godzilla respected that.

BroKV

Pelón
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn’t care about the human characters at all other than it was good
Agreed, the humans were just blah. I could do 2 hours of Kong and Godzilla destroying everything. Although, how in the world can Godzilla really lose to Kong.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I rewatched the final act and I think it’s clear that Godzilla beat Kong. They split their first 2 rounds and the 3rd round ended with Godzilla’s foot on Kong’s chest. Godzilla could have killed him right then. But didn’t. Godzilla just roared intensely at him. But even in (what could have been Kong’s final minutes), Kong roared right back. Refusing to bow. I think Godzilla respected that.
I took it as Kong admitting defeat and GZ losing respect and thinking the beta is not deserving of a warriors death

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I took it as Kong admitting defeat and GZ losing respect and thinking the beta is not deserving of a warriors death
Why would he kill someone that admits defeat? Rodan killed Mothra and then bowed to Godzilla and he let him live. So long as you kiss the ring you can live.

Reaction score
Mindless. But I enjoyed it. Don't look for a great story or character development, and you'll be fine.

The little girl was gorgeous. Not enough celebrities with disabilities...hoping that she keeps at it.

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
i thought it was terrible. but i also havent seen any other kongs or godzillas so....

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
When are they going to bring in Ultraman?

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When are they going to bring in Ultraman?
I heard they actually are working on a movie, but I don't know if it's actually connected to the Zilla' franchise.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just from a Xs and Os standpoint Godzilla is a match up nightmare for Kong. Lol Godzilla is so op. I'd like to see Kong go up against some of the smaller Pacific Rim kaiju. Maybe we'll get to see that since Legendary Pictures has all the giant monsters.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I loved it. Absolutely loved it. No complaints at all. They kept the humans out of it as much as they could. Just kept them around for exposition mainly. But that little girl was fantastic!
Agreed, Dave should be really proud of his niece, she was phenomenal....the only interesting human character in the movie IMO.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom