King Kong vs Godzilla (1 Viewer)

I think they fight Ninjas riding unicorns that shoot lasers from their horns.

Pumped to see this tonight. Just in the past week they approved immediate digital rentals in Canada on Apple Play.

Reviews have been perfect for this type of movie. Big titans fight, fight a lot, and Godzilla shows a bit of speed in this one.

I have a niece who is in the movie. We were supposed go to a special viewing with the family, but since we haven't been vaccinated yet, we decided it wasn't a good idea. This is her. She's deaf too.

Screenshot_20210331-102839_Messages.jpg

So, how does King Kong grow from 40 ft to 400 ft?

I haven't watched yet, but in Skull Island they emphasized that he was still growing. It was set in the late 60's or early 70's (I can't remember exactly but it was during Vietnam). I don't think that explains him growing 10x, but I'm assuming we will get some explanation in the movie.

This is 40 years later. Think about seeing a 5 y/o and then 15 years later you see that same person. This is how you should relate Skull Island to this movie.

I have a niece who is in the movie. We were supposed go to a special viewing with the family, but since we haven't been vaccinated yet, we decided it wasn't a good idea. This is her. She's deaf too.

Screenshot_20210331-102839_Messages.jpg
I hope she got to keep that thing in her hand.

I enjoyed it in a turn off your brain and have fun kind of way.

They do mention that he has grown at the start of the movie. It's a throw away line, but that's as far as they go in explaining it. He is noticeably smaller than Godzilla though.

Last edited:
So, how does King Kong grow from 40 ft to 400 ft?
It can happen!

barry-bonds-before-and-after.png

I haven't watched yet, but in Skull Island they emphasized that he was still growing. It was set in the late 60's or early 70's (I can't remember exactly but it was during Vietnam). I don't think that explains him growing 10x, but I'm assuming we will get some explanation in the movie.
It was set in and around 1975, towards the end of the Vietnam War. Brie Larson's character, was actually a female anti-war, freelance journalist version of Jeff Bridges original character in the 1976 Kong movie that kinda forces her way on to the island and into this secret Special Forces mission in South Pacific by deception and a tad bit of guile. Of course, those familiar with the end of Kong: Skull Island know that one of very last sounds we hear is that of a very loud, angry familiar radiated dinosaur called Godzilla and that was the precursor to filmmakers hinting at an eventual Kong vs. Godzilla showdown in a later film.

It can happen!

barry-bonds-before-and-after.png
Godzilla doesn't need any steroid or HGH artificial enhancements to make him meaner, stronger, and likely but more figuratively, more anti-American massive green eons-old dinosaur. Nope, his terrifying transformation is due to the insidious, toxic legacy of post WWII, American Cold War atomic and uranium bomb radiation testing on numerous Pacific atoll islands, some uninhabited, others were still inhabited, just not by humans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom