King Kong vs Godzilla (1 Viewer)

I was actually buzzing through this thread to check on this as I haven’t seen the others. I don’t mind watching any other movies if it adds to the experience. Does it totally stand on its own, or would other movie(s) be recommended to watch first?

The opening credits do a pretty good job of catching you up to speed if you pay attention to them. They cover all the highlights of the other 3 movies that matter to this movie.

Didn’t care about the human characters at all other than it was good

Glad to hear that it was good overall. I’ll force my family to watch it with me tomorrow and I’d better not get any lip from the women-folk. :mad:

Or else....

I’ll change the channel, but I won’t like it. :mad:

I spent the day Wednesday watching all the movies in chronological order (Kong, Godzilla, King of the Monsters), then watched GvK (loved it!!!!!!!😍😍😍). All of them in 4k BTW. Then for dessert, I watched the original Raymond Burr Godzilla, followed by the original King Kong on TCM.

It don't get much better than that.😁

I rewatched the final act and I think it’s clear that Godzilla beat Kong. They split their first 2 rounds and the 3rd round ended with Godzilla’s foot on Kong’s chest. Godzilla could have killed him right then. But didn’t. Godzilla just roared intensely at him. But even in (what could have been Kong’s final minutes), Kong roared right back. Refusing to bow. I think Godzilla respected that.

I rewatched the final act and I think it’s clear that Godzilla beat Kong. They split their first 2 rounds and the 3rd round ended with Godzilla’s foot on Kong’s chest. Godzilla could have killed him right then. But didn’t. Godzilla just roared intensely at him. But even in (what could have been Kong’s final minutes), Kong roared right back. Refusing to bow. I think Godzilla respected that.
I took it as Kong admitting defeat and GZ losing respect and thinking the beta is not deserving of a warriors death

I took it as Kong admitting defeat and GZ losing respect and thinking the beta is not deserving of a warriors death

Why would he kill someone that admits defeat? Rodan killed Mothra and then bowed to Godzilla and he let him live. So long as you kiss the ring you can live.

Mindless. But I enjoyed it. Don't look for a great story or character development, and you'll be fine.

The little girl was gorgeous. Not enough celebrities with disabilities...hoping that she keeps at it.

When are they going to bring in Ultraman?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom