King on Brees (1 Viewer)

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
it was a great play on Brees;s part

. I think -- no, I know -- the two most impressive people I watched Sunday were Philip Rivers, in a win, and Drew Brees, in a loss. ..........

And Brees ... one play symbolizes what a great player he is, and what a terrific influence he's become on the 6-3 Saints. (Sorry to be always praising this guy to the max, but just watch him play. At $10 million a year, with a twin contract to Tom Brady, he's just as big a bargain.) With the Saints down 38-24 and fighting for their lives in the fourth quarter, on first-and-15 from their 31, in the shotgun, Brees surveyed the field against a heavy rush. Darting this way and that, he began to furiously motion to not-very-swift running back Aaron Stecker with his left hand. Go deep, go deep, go deep! You know, like he was on the sandlot in sixth grade after school. Just run! Make it up! And I'll throw it as far as I can! Brees cut it loose, high and far, and Stecker ran under it and caught it. Gain of 42. Less than two minutes later, the Saints scored to make it 38-31. Of all the quarterbacks I'd take right now for my team, Brees would be high on the list.

I have to agree. Brees has been phenomenal. His tools are average--but no worse than average--and his intangibles are off the charts. I liked the pre-game interviews when Bradshaw asked Deuce what Brees's biggest contribution to winning was. Without hesitating Deuce said it was stuff off the field. I really get the sense that's true and that Brees is hub of the wheel. Don't you get the sense guys really want to play for him?

That play to Stecker was awesome...great poise to direct traffic to the open area in the D...during the play.

I have to agree as well Brees has been a godsend for this team and the players seem to rally behind him. He's a leader and great decision maker and his accuracy is phenomenal. Pro-bowl starter in NFC.

Who was QB before Brees???LOL

My favorite part of the pass was the fact that he threw it to Steckers left side, despite the fact that Stecker was running right, because he knew that was the only place he could throw it without risking an interception. A lot of quarterbacks would have thrown it the direction the receiver was running, but Drew put it were only his guy could get it. Best case scenerio your guy makes a play and hauls in a big gain. Worst case scenerio it's an incomplete pass.

Thats how you quarterback in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom