King's MMQB gives praise to Brees (1 Viewer)

fwaokda

• Drew Brees. The young kid of the Trifecta at 30, Brees is playing some sick football. He doesn't have a franchise running back, nor a franchise receiver (though Marques Colston is angular, tough and sure-handed), nor a reliable tight end -- at least not until Jeremy Shockey proves he can stay healthy for a season.
"Every time we touch the ball, we think we're scoring,'' Brees said from the team bus in Philly, after the Saints routed the Eagles 48-22. "This game says a lot. We played in a hostile environment, played well in all three phases, and played a team that always makes the playoffs. It's big for us.''
I told him he reminded me of Warner a decade ago, where every game he played I thought he'd throw for 350. Well, he's got a way to go. He's averaging 334.5 yards a game. That'll do. If the Saints' D holds up its end, New Orleans will be play deep into January.

Some more stuff later in the article too such as saying the Saints are "legit". Has King boarded the Bandwagon with some other folks? ;)

Why is it ridiculous? What do you expect from them? To bash us some more? People will complain about that. To ignore us some more? People will complain about that.

Here's what matters: win next week. The rest is lagniappe.

It is ridiculous because they had no respect for us in preseason. What I find ridiculous is that they talk now as if they aren't surprised and they knew what we could do all along. They need to start their analysis by saying, " wow these saints are really making people take notice" something along those lines. They are gonna talk about us now that we are winning that is understood. They should just show that hey these saints surprised me. Thats all. I hear you llama, I don't want us to be ignored anymore, just a little aggravated with the media. LOL.

What is ridiculous was the backhanded comments at our other skill positions (wr, rb, te). That's like telling someone, "you're attractive....even though you are overweight, flat chested and have no *****."

It is ridiculous because they had no respect for us in preseason. What I find ridiculous is that they talk now as if they aren't surprised and they knew what we could do all along. They need to start their analysis by saying, " wow these saints are really making people take notice" something along those lines. They are gonna talk about us now that we are winning that is understood. They should just show that hey these saints surprised me. Thats all. I hear you llama, I don't want us to be ignored anymore, just a little aggravated with the media. LOL.

Why should they respect us in Preseason? Give me one good example why? Have we won a superbowl lately? Have we even made it to the playoffs the last couple years?

Everybody picked us in 07 and 08 to win the division and make it deep in the playoffs, so now you get mad when finally they change their mind? Chill man. You have to EARN respect.

It would be even more rediculous for them to see what the Saints are doing and then dismiss them. When a team has scored 93 points in 2 games they are kind of hard to ignore.

I didn't have to even read the article. Right when he said Colston wasn't a franchise WR was enough for me to avoid it. That is dumb! I avoid all negativity from ALL stories regarding Saints, Im done with it!

Last edited:
Why should they respect us in Preseason? Give me one good example why? Have we won a superbowl lately? Have we even made it to the playoffs the last couple years?

Everybody picked us in 07 and 08 to win the division and make it deep in the playoffs, so now you get mad when finally they change their mind? Chill man. You have to EARN respect.

I am trying to avoid a big fuss here. I know we have to earn respect and we will. Media just drives me crazy. Its been how many years since Dallas won a super bowl or a playoff game for that matter, All i hear on NFLN is cowgirls cowgirls cowgirls. I love my saints and it just comes from the heart that I get bothered by not receiving the respect. Thats all. I understand completely what you are saying. I am just standing up for my saints! Who Dat!

I am trying to avoid a big fuss here. I know we have to earn respect and we will. Media just drives me crazy. Its been how many years since Dallas won a super bowl or a playoff game for that matter, All i hear on NFLN is cowgirls cowgirls cowgirls. I love my saints and it just comes from the heart that I get bothered by not receiving the respect. Thats all. I understand completely what you are saying. I am just standing up for my saints! Who Dat!

That is the media for you. Just don't expect a lot from them lol.

Warrior Kombat thats cool.... Let the wagon keep on rollin!

:) Have to keep it rollin', been waitin on complete play like this my whole Saints fan life. This won't happen every year, so Im not gonna let any negativity in, in any way, shape or form.

If he's boarded the bandwagon, we need to kick him off while it's still moving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom