Kipers latest mock: Aqib Talib (1 Viewer)

lots of off the field issues,

He's certainly a first round talent, but he will drop to the second..

and whoever gets him will be happy. Some of you guys are acting like he's Vick or Pacman.

You just cant go off of combines and workouts...

This kid is an all american and a true beast that all u guys are sleeping on. To me he is the best corner. Why you think Kansas D was the way it was. He was the leader and made big time plays. He really remind me of a yound deion sanders. You should of saw him in the orange bowl when he was named mvp!!

Now u give me the last corner back that was any kind of mvp??

I don't disagree with you that Talib will be a good player, but he does have off the field issues. I think that every CB in the top 5 of that position (which Talib is in) has similar credentials of some sort. They are all good picks and I think that which one you pick all depends on who you are and what you value. Potential? DRC Proven competition? Jenkins Productivity? Talib (if your OK with the off the field stuff). Speed and measurables? McKelvin. What is it that you value? That's who you rank higher in this CB class.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Has off-the-field /character issues that need to be investigated and evaluated...
This = Lots of off-field issues?

Is it too much to ask for specifics and not a sentence from a regurgitated scouting report? The only thing that I heard was that he admitted failing a three drugs test for weed. As a result, he was suspended for a few games in 2006. Several players have admitted to this, but didn't have character concerns. Calvin Johnson was #2 overall after admitting he smoked weed, but I never heard a peep about character issues. Supposedly Talib has mellowed since the birth of his daughter last November. He is surrounded by a strong family and has up front and honest about his issues. I know of no issues that have warranted him being arrested or being violent.

Of all the highly sought after players arrested for DUIs, failing drug tests, mistreating women, etc. how does this guy who failed drug tests early in his career turn out to have character concerns?

The scouts have to find something bad about a player. This is the worst they could come up with.

Last edited:
Jordy Nelson is a draft sleeper and everyone gets beat. I wouldn't mind us takin' him, but not at #10. I think most teams are sleepin' on him and we could trade down and get him. If that's who we want that is...

If so, that'd be the steal of the draft.

And your so right. forget off the field issues, thats not a promise that he will keep that up. And who is perfect? There could be a lot of kids in this draft that have off the field issues but we just dont know about it

Roll that sheete, light that sheete, smoke it. If a player has top 10 talent and smoking weed(IN COLLEGE) is his biggest issue, then I say draft him. I don't think Talib is worth the 10th pick, but I think if I was getting paid what Kiper is getting paid I could come up with a better reason to lower his draft stock.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>
Champ Bailey got beat before too.

Champ Bailey got beat before too.

I can honestly say Champ Bailey has never been beat that badly in the NFL much less in college against an average receiver. He never had someone that runs a 4.51 40 blow by him like his cleats were made of slippery steel. Champ Bailey has also never been mentioned in the same sentence with words like poor character, bad work ethic and he certainly never tested positive for marijuana three times in college. Champ Bailey has been to one Pro Bowl after the other and has shut down some of the best WR's the NFL has been able to offer up over the past 5 years.

If you want my opinion about Talib then fine. I don't think he is even on the Saints draft board. I think if he is available in the 4th round the Saints don't even consider taking him. Drafting a guy that consistently failed drug tests in college despite knowing that it would cost him millions come draft day, possibly being kicked off the football team or even ending his football career before it even starts is insane. Talib reminds me of Ahmad Brooks. All the talent in the world but too stupid to quit smoking pot long enought to cash in on his abilities. The draft has enough risk involved without picking up guys that could never play a down regardless of his physical ability.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Ram's roll the dice on the guy in the second round so he can follow down the same path as other Haz corners like keyou craver, Dale Carter and now Fakhir Brown.

Why anyone would be willing to invest a 1st or 2nd round pick on a guy that has been so stupid to cost himself millions for weed and completely ignore the rules and consequences is beyond me. When this kid gets a few hundred grand in his pocket it is much more likely to change him for the worse than it is the better. Maybe I could see him being drafted in the first round if he was just leagues above the other corners in college but at best he is the third best corner in the draft and most scouts list him as the 4th best and only then by a small margin. There are 7-8 guys that have as much physical abilities and played to a similar level without NFL teams having to treat the draft podium like a slot machine.

If any of you think the Saints will draft this kid then please remind me the last player the Saints drafted with major character concerns under Payton. Oh yeah, none. I can only think of one undrafted free agent the Saints have even brought in with character flags and he was cut just a few plays into the first practice. Unrestricted free agents is a place where teams can gamble with absolutely nothing to lose and Payton & Company have brought in one guy with character issues of a hundred and have drafted 0 in two years. No freaking way we use a first day draft pick on this guy.

Before I hear anyone start in on how weed should be legalized and it is unfair that players are treated like criminals for smoking some bud consider that I agree completely. However, it doesn't matter what you or I think. The NFL has its rules, players sign a contract and agree to those rules. If they can't stop smoking weed long enough to make insane amounts of money and have one of the best jobs in the world then they are simply not very smart or have an addiction problem. If they have an addiction problem then they might as well have two torn ACL's except two torn ACL tendons have a much higher recovery rate. So either they are dumber than sheep **** or they basically have a serious injury with a very low rate of recovery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom