Kipers latest mock: Aqib Talib (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
I think it was Realchrism that predicted Kiper would get stuck on this guy and he was right. We haven't heard much about him lately, but now Kiper likes him as a top 10 pick apperently. Just saw it on the scroll on ESPN.

Horrible pick at 10, but whatever.

Why is Kiper so high on him? I've heard Kiper say that he should definitely be the first corner taken. I'm just not sure why he says that.

I don't get the fascination with him at all. Doesn't he have character issues? They think McKelvin and DRC will be off the board by then?

I'm really thinking that we won't go CB with the 10th at all. With all of the mocks floating around here I might as well have an uneducated and sparklepony guess too. We'll go O-Line if we don't move up.

I don't get the fascination with him at all. Doesn't he have character issues? They think McKelvin and DRC will be off the board by then?

I'm really thinking that we won't go CB with the 10th at all. With all of the mocks floating around here I might as well have an uneducated and sparklepony guess too. We'll go O-Line if we don't move up.

That's freaking awesome. "sparklepony guess" HAHA!

We all have "sparklepony guesses" No one knows...

See, I have never understood why he isn't as highly rated. He's proven himself time-and-time again. He has shown enough speed and agility to play man coverage. He's shown to have a good nose for the ball. He doesn't have top-end catch up speed which iks bad because he likes to gamble, but he is very coachable and will likely improve when he refines his technique.

There is very little negative. Now, he's no top ten pick, but he's worth a 1st Round choice IMO.

no no no no no no no no no no

That is all.

Kiper has become an arrogant fool. I don't know why he has a job at ESPN anymore. Really I don't. He has gotten so full of himself and what he thinks and doesn't do his homework. What matters is what TEAMS think. Not what Kiper thinks.

See, I have never understood why he isn't as highly rated. He's proven himself time-and-time again. He has shown enough speed and agility to play man coverage. He's shown to have a good nose for the ball. He doesn't have top-end catch up speed which iks bad because he likes to gamble, but he is very coachable and will likely improve when he refines his technique.

There is very little negative. Now, he's no top ten pick, but he's worth a 1st Round choice IMO.

lots of off the field issues,

He's certainly a first round talent, but he will drop to the second..

Kiper has become an arrogant fool. I don't know why he has a job at ESPN anymore. Really I don't. He has gotten so full of himself and what he thinks and doesn't do his homework. What matters is what TEAMS think. Not what Kiper thinks.

And absolutely nobody knows what teams think. Just because Mayock and others don't like Talib, does not mean teams won't. There is alot to like about Talib.

I think it was Realchrism that predicted Kiper would get stuck on this guy and he was right. We haven't heard much about him lately, but now Kiper likes him as a top 10 pick apperently. Just saw it on the scroll on ESPN.

Horrible pick at 10, but whatever.
He's not a bad pick. Unsexy? Yes. Horrible pick? No.

I've honestly never heard about "character concerns" regarding Talib. Maybe I'm just uninformed here, but do these thoughts come from his admitting to testing positive in college for marijuana? If so... :shrug:

I like Talib. I think there will be better options at 10, but Talib wouldn't upset me.

And absolutely nobody knows what teams think. Just because Mayock and others don't like Talib, does not mean teams won't. There is alot to like about Talib.

Not true, there are several very good scouts who focus on investigating what teams actually are thinking instead of how the players have performed in the offseason or game tape. I'll bet you that you get better information from "around the league" with Adam Schefter than you get from reading a scouting report when it comes to where a player will go in the draft.

I've honestly never heard about "character concerns" regarding Talib. Maybe I'm just uninformed here, but do these thoughts come from his admitting to testing positive in college for marijuana? If so... :shrug:

I like Talib. I think there will be better options at 10, but Talib wouldn't upset me.

Aqib Talib Scouting Report - 2008 NFL Draft Prospect

From link above:
NFL Draft Countdown said:
Has off-the-field / character issues that need to be investigated and evaluated...A high bust factor?

Why is Kiper so high on him? I've heard Kiper say that he should definitely be the first corner taken. I'm just not sure why he says that.

You just cant go off of combines and workouts...

This kid is an all american and a true beast that all u guys are sleeping on. To me he is the best corner. Why you think Kansas D was the way it was. He was the leader and made big time plays. He really remind me of a yound deion sanders. You should of saw him in the orange bowl when he was named mvp!!

Now u give me the last corner back that was any kind of mvp??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom