Kiper's Take on the Top DBs in Draft (1 Viewer)

Kiper is just blowing smoke out of his arse. His opinion will change in a month and it will probably be 100% different.

I know I'll come off as a VT homer, but Brandon Flowers is an absolute stud. The reason Macho Harris (VT's other DB) made All-ACC this year is because no one would throw to Flowers' side. Ever.

Also, he's a monster in run support. VT coaches, privately, have said BF is the best CB they've ever had (ahead of DeAngelo Hall).

Preferring Mayock over Kiper (or Kiper over Mayock) like like saying that American Idol is better than Survivor (or Survivor is better that American Idol). Neither one of them are as good as people think that they are. They have easy smiles, some connections in the NFL and have convinced someone with the power to put them on camera that they're good for TV.

Man I miss [SIZE=-1]Joel Bucshbaum[/SIZE]...

Last edited:
Yes, that was in the same paragraph.

It's not a contradiction if you read what is in between that. I believe Kiper to be knowledgeable. But I also believe that he has the tendency to talk about sides of
his mouths almost to make sure that come draft time he gets the opportunity to
say he was right about such and such player. So while he is knowledgeable, he will
give the sort of analysis he has given here rather than just sticking to what he really
knows.

Well, I think he just slipped up and forgot about Jenkins since he has him as his #1 CB on everything...

This is not the first time, he said Talib would be the top CB taken who will go in the top 10 before.

Brandon Flowers is an absolute stud.

thats the CB I want...
bank it, that kid can play ball...
I dont care about the clock (he has speed) and he will lay wood on a WR or RB.

Brandon Flowers is an absolute stud.

thats the CB I want...
bank it, that kid can play ball...
I dont care about the clock (he has speed) and he will lay wood on a WR or RB.

I'm with you on this one OnePeat. I've gotten to watch some VT games and this guy is a stud, as you mentioned. He can hang with anyone and he can hit extremely well for a corner. He is someone who is not afraid to come up in run support.

Preferring Mayock over Kiper (or Kiper over Mayock) like like saying that American Idol is better than Survivor (or Survivor is better that American Idol). Neither one of them are as good as people think that they are. They have easy smiles, some connections in the NFL and have convinced someone with the power to put them on camera that they're good for TV.

Man I miss [SIZE=-1]Joel Bucshbaum[/SIZE]...

yeah!! I think Idol and survivor suck!!

i think he is going to be one of those guys that will slip a bit but he is gonna make teams pay. im not opposed to trading down to 15-17 and nabbing him. if we can pick up another CB in FA, all of a sudden it moves from weakness to strength. of course alot will depend on what we do in FA with DT and LB, but flowers will be Ed Reed with better coverage skills but a little less BOOM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom