Kira Lewis Jr (1 Viewer)

Probably most importantly is that it is an expiring contract since next season will be a big year for FAs
Yeah, I think that in the short term he's a guy who will instantly improve our team rebounding and defense (we were horrible at both last year) and will also have a positive impact as far as the locker room and team culture the new staff will be looking to set. He should also serve as a good role model/mentor to Jackson Hayes and Zion.

I also like the combo of Adams as a screen-setter and Kira, who (as others have said) is super-fast and not scared to drive, but still has to put on some weight/muscle. Adams should help free him up a bit more.

The fact that Adams is a good passer for a center and Zion will hopefully continue to develop his own playmaking skills, could also present us with some nice options in the half court.

And worst case scenario, he becomes a valuable big $ expiring contract for next offseason (or deadline trade chip).

Probably most importantly is that it is an expiring contract since next season will be a big year for FAs

Adams resigned for 2 more years. Honestly, I like it a lot. We needed extra rebounding in the frontcourt and his attitude and leadership will help SVG promote his style of basketball. He's also a great passer. Knocks are that he's not a big scorer, but we have plenty of scoring with BI and Zion. Also, I think he will help Jaxon Hayes develop.

Starting line up currently looks like:

Ball, JJ / Bledsoe, BI, Zion, Adams

That's not a bad deal. Hopefully Kira comes up to speed quick (pun intended) and pushes Ball for playing time as Ball is the weak link in that line-up.

Ball won't be the PG in half court sets. SVG has already said he sees him more as a SG assuming his 3pt shot continues to improve. Bledsoe will most likely be our starting PG
And I like the Adams trade more now because he also brings attitude and defensive culture to the team. I love BI and Zion, but they aren't vocal leaders at this point. Adams is a great veteran presence

Ball won't be the PG in half court sets. SVG has already said he sees him more as a SG assuming his 3pt shot continues to improve. Bledsoe will most likely be our starting PG
And I like the Adams trade more now because he also brings attitude and defensive culture to the team. I love BI and Zion, but they aren't vocal leaders at this point. Adams is a great veteran presence

Hmmmm I had figured Bledsoe would fill the missing Holiday role, but I can see him or Ingram running the play while Ball plays the 2. Honestly, if that's the case, I'd take JJ over Ball until they extend or trade him.

As you can tell I'm not a big fan of Ball, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

I think you kind of have to play Bledsoe at point guard. He is a big, strong guy, but I think a lot of his skills would be wasted at the 2.

Hmmmm I had figured Bledsoe would fill the missing Holiday role, but I can see him or Ingram running the play while Ball plays the 2. Honestly, if that's the case, I'd take JJ over Ball until they extend or trade him.

As you can tell I'm not a big fan of Ball, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Not a fan either, but he did legitimately make big improvements on his spot up shooting from 3
Ball is still a good defender and taking the ball handling from him will minimize his horrible free throw shooting

Enjoy Steven Adams. He plays hard and is a genuine good guy.

Yeah I wanted Christian Wood (can't believe the Pels let him leave in the first place). I was on the fence about Steven Adam's but the more I have read, the more I like it. He brings strong leadership and can establish a good culture. I love Williams and BI, but neither is a vocal leader at this point. Plus Adams took a pay cut on a 2 year extension. Granted the value of the traditional center has gone down, but it's still a good thing to have some continuity and leadership

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom