Kirk Merritt (1 Viewer)

Dolphins let Wes Welker walk out the door. I would not worry about the answer to that. Merritt has an up hill battle but he is trending in the right direction.
I agree, but was curious though. I'm pulling for him to make, especially if he can make plays in preseason.

I feel like I've only seen maybe 2 video clips of Merritt so far in camp. Would love to see more if anyone can share!

Ok, but when you say “lock” to me that means to make the team….I think Merritt and a few others will be competing for TQS‘s spot…we will see…..

The nuance to me is nobody is realistically coming in to beat out those top 3 players. However unlikely it might be, there’s more of a chance that could happen with any of the players behind them. J.T.’s post reflects how I basically view it.

I’m not predicting that will happen, I expect Callaway and Harty to be on the final 53, and like them both, but they have to earn it in a way that Thomas, Landry, and Olave really don’t.

Merritt's prospects:

Floor: Practice squad (...longshot, because he has to be cut first). I don't think he'll stay on the waiver wire long enough for us to stash him. :scratch:

Ceiling: Makes the final 53 initially, pushing Callaway more than Harty.

Some cite Callaway's production and think he's a lock. I say uhhhhh... no. Marquez had those numbers because the Saints' offense was a rat forced into a corner. We had very few options. Not saying that Callaway is bad (he's not). But for those following the '07 season, UDFA Pierre Thomas beat out 4th round RB Antonio Pittman because Pierre was better. Therefore, more cream will rise to the top because we've got a quart of whole milk (...instead of a quart of 1%).

Bottom line: The "better" options will emerge before Week 1, and let the chips fall where they may.

:gosaints:

Kevin White actually has a spot? I know he is on the 90-man roster now, but his position is more than tenuous.
Yeah...I wouldn’t want Kevin White's spot...it's more likely to be that middle spot of the sectional sofa in his living room than it is on someone's 53 man.

Yeah...I wouldn’t want Kevin White's spot...it's more likely to be that middle spot of the sectional sofa in his living room than it is on someone's 53 man.
If I was a betting man, I’d lay 100:1 odds that Kevin White doesn’t make the final 53 nor the practice squad.

Has TQS done anything in camp? I haven't heard anything on him. Lol

If I was a betting man, I’d lay 100:1 odds that Kevin White doesn’t make the final 53 nor the practice squad.

I wish it were otherwise but White has been given more than enough opportunities to improve his pass catching. Too many other young guys who are not making the repetitive mistakes in not holding on to the ball.
He clearly has the athleticism but his hands hold him back. Hope the light comes on as he clearly loves the game!

Merritt's prospects:

Floor: Practice squad (...longshot, because he has to be cut first). I don't think he'll stay on the waiver wire long enough for us to stash him. :scratch:

Ceiling: Makes the final 53 initially, pushing Callaway more than Harty.

Some cite Callaway's production and think he's a lock. I say uhhhhh... no. Marquez had those numbers because the Saints' offense was a rat forced into a corner. We had very few options. Not saying that Callaway is bad (he's not). But for those following the '07 season, UDFA Pierre Thomas beat out 4th round RB Antonio Pittman because Pierre was better. Therefore, more cream will rise to the top because we've got a quart of whole milk (...instead of a quart of 1%).

Bottom line: The "better" options will emerge before Week 1, and let the chips fall where they may.

Callaway is not a bad WR at all. He's not blazing fast but he made some great catches last year and I believe he singlehandedly help Winston win the QB job from Taysom. If I had to make a cut, it would be TQS.

Callaway been kind of disappointing so far.
We haven’t heard his name much. And wasn’t he the target on the Ceedy INT yesterday? The pick wasn’t his fault, but he didn’t comeback for that ball as aggressive as he should.

It’s going to be exciting to see what the WR room ultimately looks like. All but the top 3 need to have that life or death sense of urgency.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom