Kirkland Brand Baby Formula (1 Viewer)

KiwiSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Public service announcement...

While shopping at Costco, ran onto Kirkland Brand baby formula at the great cost of $19.98 for two(2) 30 oz. cans. I was buying Nestle Good Start for $28 for a 24 oz can. I think the other name brands, Similac/Enfamil are similarly priced.

The Costco brand works out to be less than half the cost per oz of prepared formula. Nutritional specs are very similar and it is actually made by Enfamil.

Agreed, almost exactly the same as Enfamil. We've raised two healthy, strong kids on the Kirkland formula.

Costco FTW

Kirkland has some good products. I buy their premium dog food for almost half what the same formula costs in a name brand at Petco/Petsmart. The ingredient list is identical, and one of my dogs with a skin allergy actually got better after I switched her to the cheaper Kirkland food. I've used lots of their products over the years, with no complaints!

For my daughter we used similac. When my son was born after the first 3 months we switched to the walmart brand. The Similac was $24 for 23 oz. The Walmart brand is $11 for 25 oz... We switched 4 months ago and it seems to be just fine... I don't remember the walmart brand 5 years ago when my daughter was on formula. Its funny how different you do things for the second child that you wouldn't have done for the first one..

As for store brands, well, their formulas are almost identical. It’s hard to know for sure what they leave out or put in, you need to do a side-by-side comparison on the labels to see which name brand formula they are mimicking. And almost all of them are made by one company – Wyeth.

Just an fyi...

No idea where the closest Cotsco is to New Orleans, but it isn't close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom