Tweet/s Kirkwood Designated for Return from IR (1 Viewer)

Does that mean he's returning against the Panthers?

Well, I hope he contributes more than three targets a game if/when he comes back.

did Hogan play? was he targeted?

I think I recall he had 11 snaps. I think those were offense snaps as opposed to ST. I do not think he was targeted.

Hogan had 11 snaps on offense and 7 snaps on special teams, both are increases from the 10 and 4 he had against the Cards.

This is great news. The FO may have tried to trade for a WR or so we have been told. We haven't brought any FA WRs in. It really looks like they were just waiting on our guys to come back from injury. Kirkwood can be good. I like that he was molding his game after MT which was discussed last season. TQS making that catch when getting hammered was good to see as well. Reading the articles about TQS last season and from when he was drafted, he has all the skills/strengths to excel in this offense. We more than likely have our guys and now at least at WR they are getting healthy.

Edit: For reference, Kirkwood would be the 2nd largest WR at 6'3" 220lbs on active roster behind Hogan. He is also the 3rd fastest (4.45) if you put Harris and Ginn ahead of him. MT, TQS, Carr and Hogan all had slower 40 times, although Smith's was only by .04 of a second slower.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be awesome if they could trust Devonte Harris on the wing? He'd certainly take the top off the defense.

:gosaints:

I wish they would, honestly. Give the kid a legitimate chance to show what he can do outside of special teams, not like anyone else is doing much with those same snaps. I mean, his speed alone demands respect from defensive coordinators.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom