Kirkwood NOT coming back this year (1 Viewer)

Makes me think this isn't Drew's last season. Otherwise we would have pushed harder to upgrade WR which is clearly a weakness other than Thomas.
I just think either the hamstring issue was incredibly severe (not likely) or that the team views Kirkwood as an end of the 53 player, and roster spots are at a premium right now (likely).

Has any player that produced so little ever generated this much angst with fans as Kirkwood? I like him as much as any other Who Dat, but the dude has 13 career catches. I'm not sure he would have been the savior everyone hoped for.

Having said that, I hope he comes back healthy next year, has a breakout season, and makes me eat crow.

KK... is a bargain-basement type WR...imho...he had his chance and the Saints need to get smart and bring in some new exciting TALENT....

YIKES...Hamstrings are 100% CONDITIONING RELATED....The guy simply doesn't train hard enough or is not VIGILANT enough with the following: diet, exercise, stretching, aka Drew Brees fanatical like

KK...

Loon done gone Cray...

I just think either the hamstring issue was incredibly severe (not likely) or that the team views Kirkwood as an end of the 53 player, and roster spots are at a premium right now (likely).

I mean the point is that lowly Kirkwood is what we were banking on getting back? Still wouldn't have been much of an upgrade if any based on who we have now. It doesn't hurt as at all that he isn't coming back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom