Kirkwood to Carolina (1 Viewer)

I know we only saw him come in to block, but Hogan grades out really well physically as a WR that could stick in the NFL. I think we'll see him evolve and become a bigger part of the offense, but first he'd have to be resigned.
Yes. And we have to remember Mickey and Sean’s philosophy. There are several ways to acquire talent. Through FA, the draft/UDFA, via trade, at cut down prior to the regular season, and soon a pool of XFL players.

Yes. And we have to remember Mickey and Sean’s philosophy. There are several ways to acquire talent. Through FA, the draft/UDFA, via trade, at cut down prior to the regular season, and soon a pool of XFL players.

I think Hogan can be our Laviska Shenault. He might not have the top end speed, but it looks like he was used in a similar do-it-all fashion while he was a Marion.

I think Hogan can be our Laviska Shenault. He might not have the top end speed, but it looks like he was used in a similar do-it-all fashion while he was a Marion.
I think Laviska has more explosive top end speed, I know he ran a 4.59 at the combine but he did that needing Groin, hernia surgery. On film he looks and plays closer to a 4.45 guy especially once he breaks out into the open field with the ball already in his hands.

I think Laviska has more explosive top end speed, I know he ran a 4.59 at the combine but he did that needing Groin, hernia surgery. On film he looks and plays closer to a 4.45 guy especially once he breaks out into the open field with the ball already in his hands.

Agreed. Hogan is only a 4.56 guy so we'd lose out on some of the top end speed, but I think he can be used in the same.

And, I'd still like Laviska along with so many other WRs from this class.

the curse of potential strikes again

For what little Kirkwood provided our SAINTS he had some talent, just no heart apparently. I remember when he pulled his hammy in warm ups prior to the game, the national network announcers were laughing at him. Troy Aikman said,"How do you pull a hammy in warm ups (laughing). This guy must not want to play period. I mean, it's ridiculous. C'mon man (laughing more)."

He was a cheap player for the position on a team was strapped by the salary cap, both Kirkwood and Carr were not "up and coming" players merely low cap low potential players that played as such and the Saints are getting new player(s) are the position through the draft and FA.

For what little Kirkwood provided our SAINTS he had some talent, just no heart apparently. I remember when he pulled his hammy in warm ups prior to the game, the national network announcers were laughing at him. Troy Aikman said,"How do you pull a hammy in warm ups (laughing). This guy must not want to play period. I mean, it's ridiculous. C'mon man (laughing more)."
Wth.

Kind of a crap move. Payton had every reason to cut him after his multiple injuries but did him a solid and kept him around. But business is business.

Dissing a player going to a division rival is what we do, but If he's healthy, he could help them. Their coaches are familiar with him and he has ability. I'm not so concerned about losing him, but I don't like him going to Carolina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom