Kirwin's 1st Mock Draft(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

The Saints trade up and get the piece to their defense that has been missing since Jonathan Sullivan turned out to be a bust. New Orleans hired Ed Orgeron to coach the defensive line and he was a part of the USC staff that recruited Ellis.

What would moving up to 7 cost us?

The Saints trade up and get the piece to their defense that has been missing since Jonathan Sullivan turned out to be a bust. New Orleans hired Ed Orgeron to coach the defensive line and he was a part of the USC staff that recruited Ellis.

What would moving up to 7 cost us?

The draft trade chart on ESPN says that the difference between #10 and #7 is 200 points. That will cost us our third round pick (220 points). Our second round pick (also known as Jeremy Shockey) is worth 440 points. ;)

From a value point of view i'd rather trade with baltimore. It would cost us our 3rd but get us there 4th. Better value for us plus we don't loose a pick all together. We only have to skip bast the bengals to get Ellis.

Horrible mock. NYJ moving up for Gholston, when they just gave Calvin Pace $42 million, Matt Ryan to KC when they have and like Croyle and Oakland taking McFadden, when they have Huggy Bear and Michael Bush, not to mention LaMont and Rhodes, are all pointless.

Well, I thought I was getting it in early by saying on another thread today that I think Derrick Harvey will become a top 10 pick. But I guess it would have seemed more prescient if I had said it last week.

Thats a great mock....props to Kirwin. The Saints will probably have to move up to grab Ellis.

Well, I thought I was getting it in early by saying on another thread today that I think Derrick Harvey will become a top 10 pick. But I guess it would have seemed more prescient if I had said it last week.

He first started popping up in the top 10 of mocks about 2 months ago. ;)

I'll say this: If Keith Rivers starts to fall into the late first or early second, I would definitely want to move up and get him. The 49'ners have no need for him because they just signed Dontarrius Thomas. I think I said a few weeks ago that Rivers is a guy that could fall (not because of talent) because of what teams need. Most teams seem set at LB or have greater needs in the first. If he gets passed New Orleans, Denver, and maybe Philly--it's possible that he will since the Saints want a young DT, the Broncos could use an OT and Philly needs a safety--then he could fall out of the first round. Of course, you have to be wary of a team like the Chargers who would not mind adding a young stud like Rivers because he would be the best player on the board.

He also has Jonathan Stewart falling out of the first round, likely due to injury. The way Kirwin has these picks, you would almost think that he has gotten some inside info from each team as some of the picks seem strange though not impossible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom