NFL Draft KJ Costello vs LSU highlights. (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here’s your late round QB experiment everyone. The Saints have shown interest in KJ Costello. He has flashes of brilliance. I don’t put it past Payton to take the right guy and turn him into a star. I like him better than Kyle Trask.

He transferred to MS state from Stanford. So he has some pedigree.

At Stanford

Nah, everybody had a great game against that LSU defense. I'm surprised Saints Twitter didn't freak after hearing this.

I like KJ, but his throwing motion seems weird. He doesn’t have an extended over the top throwing motion, it looks more compact especially on short to intermediate throws. Still seems to have good velocity though.

And yes, for the LSU game, at 43 yo with two bad knees I think I could get open against Flott (25) and Ward (5). They were both horrible last year.

I think outside LSU game he was horrible going to check stats now to see how he fared against tougher competition.

Edit against Texas A&M and Alabama he was a combined 19-33 for 115 yrds and one interception. No matter how you spin it he was horrible. For rest of year he only had one other 300 yard game.

That was against Kentucky for 313 yards. It took him 43 completions to do that. In college football against a below average Kentucky team that should be good for at least 450 yards. That probably means he lacks an arm.

Last edited:
Here’s your late round QB experiment everyone. The Saints have shown interest in KJ Costello. He has flashes of brilliance. I don’t put it past Payton to take the right guy and turn him into a star. I like him better than Kyle Trask.
I like Costello in the later rounds/potential UDFA, but what makes you like him better than Trask? Cost? Otherwise, Trask does everything Costello is good at, but better

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom