KJ Jefferson – Arkansas & Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee - Value late rd picks. (1 Viewer)

I agree with how you laid this out.

Here is our biggest problem and why I think Allen stays if there is ANY WAY to justify it.

Our cap situation is bad, we have no 1st round pick, we have no QB… Because of this no top prospect will have us at the top of their list, they just won’t… that’s a coach killer situation. Anyone who says different is just being a homer.

So why cut a bad coach to get an average coach in a bad situation, add the fact that you’re now the franchise that fires a coach after ONE season when you had a ton of (big name) injuries. Its all a bad look.

If you still disagree, let’s use this analogy… Let’s say CSP accomplished everything he accomplished for the Saints, but with Detroit and NEVER coached the Saints. Where would the Saints be on his list of teams to chose from???

Unless DA completely loses the team, he should be back, clear cap space, have our 1st round pick 2024… unfortunately, we’ll probably be drafting top 10 again… DA falls on the sword and we can hire a GOOD/Hot new coach and be back in business.
That makes good sense from the angle you described.

The thought of drafting a rookie QB and sticking him with DA & Pete to develop just hurts my stomach.

If they stay I’d rather draft bpa and hopefully suck for a good QB in 2024 when DA is fired

I agree with how you laid this out.

Here is our biggest problem and why I think Allen stays if there is ANY WAY to justify it.

Our cap situation is bad, we have no 1st round pick, we have no QB… Because of this no top prospect will have us at the top of their list, they just won’t… that’s a coach killer situation. Anyone who says different is just being a homer.

So why cut a bad coach to get an average coach in a bad situation, add the fact that you’re now the franchise that fires a coach after ONE season when you had a ton of (big name) injuries. Its all a bad look.

If you still disagree, let’s use this analogy… Let’s say CSP accomplished everything he accomplished for the Saints, but with Detroit and NEVER coached the Saints. Where would the Saints be on his list of teams to chose from???

Unless DA completely loses the team, he should be back, clear cap space, have our 1st round pick 2024… unfortunately, we’ll probably be drafting top 10 again… DA falls on the sword and we can hire a GOOD/Hot new coach and be back in business.
I see it pretty much the same way, except w/ Loomis. We need to move on from Loomis. We either need make Ireland GM, or find a new one. Sean was a better GM than ML. We can do this at the end of the season. A GM wouldn't be bothered by lack of cap money or of draft choices, as their tenure is longer than the avg coach.

I see it pretty much the same way, except w/ Loomis. We need to move on from Loomis. We either need make Ireland GM, or find a new one. Sean was a better GM than ML. We can do this at the end of the season. A GM wouldn't be bothered by lack of cap money or of draft choices, as their tenure is longer than the avg coach.

ML isn't going anywhere. A promotion to allow Ireland to be GM would probably be a good move, but ML is here until he decides he wants to retire.

Honestly, I haven’t given ML much thought… but without spending a lot of time thinking about it, I don’t think we can judge him now, I’ll judge him in how he gets us out of this mess…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom