KMSS in Shreveport is again airing the Cowboys over the Saints (1 Viewer)

I'm sure it has a little to do with Dak.

Yeah, he is a star player from a local high school and also they broadcast into Texas and Arkansas. So they are all about the ratings right now.

Saints fans in Shreveport are no stranger to this kind of BS. You should have seen it in the 80's when there was no Directv or sports bars carrying the game. It was tough to be a Saints fan here.

KMSS don't do the text vote anymore, because they know Saints fans win most of the time. Somehow Cowgirl fans don't know how to text.

I just wish the NFL would allow CBS to cover an NFC game. I am willing to bet the local CBS affiliate would carry Saints as oppose to some AFC team.

When they actually do the poll to choose what game to air Saints always wins. More marketing opportunities in the Dallas market. Throw in A local guy in Dak as the QB. Going to get worse.

It looks like the KMSS station manager came from Beaumont Texas.

in years past, they've been switching back and forth with showing saints or dallas when they had a conflict. guess i picked a good year to get some free Sunday Ticket from DirecTV :gosaints:

The only thing I ever liked about living in Shreveport was Fertitta's

Everything else is awful. ..but I live in Dallas now, so life is only moderately better - and I have Sunday Ticket streaming.

Get an antenna and point it towards Monroe. Their FOX station always shows the Saints.

That's what I do.

Get an antenna and point it towards Monroe. Their FOX station always shows the Saints.

That's what I do.

There are ways around it but I don't like it. We should fight against it. I don't want kids around here growing up cowboys fans because that is the team that's on every week.

Growing up in NOLA, it was generally understood that anywhere north of Baton Rouge was typically Cowboys country anyways.

I was surprised, honestly, that there were actual Saints fans in Shreveport. Back to their roots, I guess.

Growing up in NOLA, it was generally understood that anywhere north of Baton Rouge was typically Cowboys country anyways.

I was surprised, honestly, that there were actual Saints fans in Shreveport. Back to their roots, I guess.

Then you have no clue what's going on north of Baton Rouge. The Monroe station is always saints. The only reason there's a controversy in Shreveport is the Shreveport station covers east Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you have no clue what's going on north of Baton Rouge. The Monroe station is always saints. The only reason there's a controversy in Shreveport is the Shreveport station covers east Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the service map once and Shreveport is a very small portion of it. I have heard more than 80% of the homes KMSS services are in Texas. A bitter pill to swallow and its why I have Sunday Ticket.

I'll echo your sentiment about the cluelessness about things above Baton Rouge. It extends way beyond sports teams unfortunately.

I saw the service map once and Shreveport is a very small portion of it. I have heard more than 80% of the homes KMSS services are in Texas. A bitter pill to swallow and its why I have Sunday Ticket.

I'll echo your sentiment about the cluelessness about things above Baton Rouge. It extends way beyond sports teams unfortunately.

I doubt 80% are in Texas. The Shreveport-Bossier population alone is over 300k. What's the largest Texas city in the coverage area? My guess is Marshall at 23k.

We're back! Fox Single this week is the Saints! I checked it out and it looks like that horrible station manager has moved back to Texas and they promoted someone who has been at KMSS for 20 years.

07-FOX.png

I think the time has come to make the state of Louisiana just a little bit smaller. We can recoup with those counties in southern Arkansas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom