KMSS in Shreveport showing Dallas this week (1 Viewer)

Some people already view Shreveport as part of Dallas anyways since its right up the street

Lol what? This is still a thing? Even when Dallas is among the worst teams in the league so far?

For the record there are thousands of Saints fan in the Shreveport/Bossier area. Yes the WhoDat nation in the northwest are subject to these conflict games, because proximity to Dallas but there are times that the Saints games are shown over cowboys games. For me Sunday Ticket since 02 for this very reason.

For the record there are thousands of Saints fan in the Shreveport/Bossier area. Yes the WhoDat nation in the northwest are subject to these conflict games, because proximity to Dallas but there are times that the Saints games are shown over cowboys games. For me Sunday Ticket since 02 for this very reason.

More often than not the Saints are shown over the Cowboys. This is the second conflict this year. The first one they showed the Saints. Sometimes they alternate. Maybe that's what they're doing this year.

The station manager this time is telling me they have no say in it. The game is assigned by Fox in Los Angeles. I don't know if that's the case now. I know that hasn't always been the case because they have had years where they had votes on it. And the Saints always won except for one time I think the Cowboys fans set up a voting bot because they ended up with an astronomical number. We also had a time where they were scheduled to show Dallas and we raised heck and got it changed to the Saints.

wasn't this the same station from a few years ago, that would have a poll to see which team they would air, and people would post here about the poll and ask people to vote in favor of the saints? And overwhelmingly it would be the saints that won the poll? But then the station manager was a cowyboys fan, so started to disregard it...or something like that? My memory is fuzzy about it, but something along those lines

I recently moved to Shreveport. Somebody tell me a good place to see the game please.

wasn't this the same station from a few years ago, that would have a poll to see which team they would air, and people would post here about the poll and ask people to vote in favor of the saints? And overwhelmingly it would be the saints that won the poll? But then the station manager was a cowyboys fan, so started to disregard it...or something like that? My memory is fuzzy about it, but something along those lines
You are correct. It is the Shreveport Fox Station that broadcasts into east Texas, Oklahoma and southwest Arkansas, where there are more Cowboys fans. My impression is that there are more Saints fans in Shreveport than Cowboys fans but there maybe more Cowboys fans in their viewing area.

KMSS is just the worst. I was actually surprised when they showed the Saints earlier this season. Now the Cowgirls are awful and Shreveport has to watch them. They will never learn. I give up.

It makes sense. Shreveport is closer to Dallas than New Orleans.

This. I guess it would help the Shreveport Saints fans if it was the “Louisiana” Saints. But it’s not.

Shreveport to Dallas - approximately 190 miles.
Shreveport to New Orleans - approximately 325 miles.

It’s a dammed if you do, damned if you don’t proposition for the networks.

It is more about the overall broadcast area of these stations than it is about the fanbase in Shreveport. Of course there are more Cowboys fans here than you would find in about any other Louisiana city, but that often makes people think almost everyone here is a Cowboys fan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom