Knives Out (1 Viewer)

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Saw Knives Out today. Went in thinking I wasn’t going to like it much, but was pleasantly surprised. Great mystery and good humor, very well acted. Daniel Craig as the detective stole the show with a very believable Louisiana accent. I recommend it.

This isn't the first time Craig has played a movie role where he spoke in a believable Southern accent, the other one, Logan Lucky, wasn't as good or well-acted of a movie as Knives Out, even though Adam Driver mostly gives excellent, solid acting performances.

Really enjoyed the movie. Rian Johnson is a very good filmmaker.

We really enjoyed it as well. When it was first revealed who was responsible for the death of Thornby, my wife and I both looked at each other and said, "Ok....so we know [that person] didn't do it."

I was underwhelmed, but I can't explain why without ruining it, so I'll come back in a few weeks to discuss once everyone that cares has seen it.

I will say I really enjoyed the ride, but not the end so much, and the end is what makes a whodunnit shine.

I was underwhelmed, but I can't explain why without ruining it, so I'll come back in a few weeks to discuss once everyone that cares has seen it.

I will say I really enjoyed the ride, but not the end so much, and the end is what makes a whodunnit shine.

I think I know what you are getting at, and I won't say that I entirely disagree with you. I also enjoyed the ride, but I also had a problem with the ending.

Holy cow. Hope I’m not too late, just saw it tonight, absolutely LOVED it.

Such great acting, such a cool movie.

I didn’t mind the ending. I love when movies go back in time to explain, or show scenes from multiple angles/viewpoints, etc.

I thought it was OK.

They revealed the central mystery a bit too early. Then it became not a matter of whodunit but whogetsit.

I agree....the ending wasn't bad, it was just anti-climatic

I couldn't quit thinking that Craig's accent sounded like he was impersonating Kevin Spacey doing a southern accent.

I agree, I had to try to overlook the accent, which proved challenging. If he had his native British accent, it would've been better.

NEW YORK (AP) — Detective Benoit Blanc’s next cases will be for Netflix. The streaming company said Wednesday it has reached a deal for two sequels to Rian Johnson’s acclaimed 2019 whodunit, “Knives Out.”

Netflix declined to say how much it was paying for the films, which Johnson will direct with Daniel Craig returning as inspector Benoit Blanc. But Deadline, which first reported the deal, said the price would approach $450 million — making it one of Netflix’s largest — and most sweater-clad — acquisitions.............

Netflix lands 'Knives Out' sequels in high-priced deal (apnews.com)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom